Total Wine & More - It's just a job. | Glassdoor

"It's just a job."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Total Wine & More full-time

Pros

Most people that you work with are nice. Job is relatively easy and not stressful. Average discount, good pay, good hours (if you're full time), and good benefits.

Cons

Management take their jobs way to seriously. They like to get on you for the smallest things. Upper management is clueless and often bullies. Wine associates are favored over all other employees in the store, and most customers are just plain rude.

Advice to Management

Instead of barking orders and threatening punishment, try working with the employees and giving them constructive advice as to what they can improve in the future.

Other Employee Reviews for Total Wine & More

"Too many chiefs not enough indians."

Current Employee - Wine Team Member
    Current Employee - Wine Team Member

I have been working at Total Wine & More full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wine education and developing customer relationships. I love helping our customers discover new wines or finding a different wine to enjoy. Learning and talking about wine is my passion.

Cons

Unrealistic company policies.

Inadequate staffing. One or two wine associates to cover 25,000sq ft of retail space, plus work merchandise (because there are no merchandisers) plus perform other daily tasks and maintain a high percentage of winery direct sales...and effectively help customers, is completely unrealistic.

Store managers sit in front office, hide away in the classroom or receiving because they are on "project hours" and cannot be bothered. This is very frustrating to team members who feel overworked and physically exhausted. There are many times associates are on the brink of quitting and /or very frustrated over the lack of support from management.

Management on every level seems to be out of touch with how their team members are feeling about their job.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. We are the key to your success. We want to meet our store goals as much as you do. Be in tune with what it means to be a TEAM.

"Employer from hell"

Former Employee - Analyst (Headquarters) in Potomac, MD
    Former Employee - Analyst (Headquarters) in Potomac, MD

I worked at Total Wine & More full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company with some good employees; some of the stores have congenial employee atmospheres despite the hard work and low pay

Cons

Micromanagement; authoritarian; abusive treatment of employees; obsession with money often creates "penny-wise pound foolish" decision making; no bonuses, profit-sharing or equity participation (owners do not believe in sharing in the company's huge financial success). If you are considering working here, turn around and run (don't walk) away.

Advice to Management

Go public so that management will be accountable to all of the company's constituencies