Total Wine & More - Surprised at the number of negative reviews, I would like to add some positive remarks. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Total Wine & More

"Surprised at the number of negative reviews, I would like to add some positive remarks."

Current Employee - Wine Team Member in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Wine Team Member in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Total Wine & More full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In a tight economy I am grateful to have been offered a full time position with a company that offers benefits to employees. I have encountered a positive work environment with supportive co-workers.

Cons

The hourly wage is not great; $10.25/hour. Some pressure to switch customers from big name brands that have been aggressively advertised at bargain prices to higher priced products that are not always better in quality.

Advice to Management

If you don't want to sell cases of big name brands, don't advertise them at prices lower than all the competitors.

Other Employee Reviews for Total Wine & More

"Accept a job here, if you're desperate."

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Total Wine & More full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My co-workers were amazing and deserve so much more.

Free samples.

Cons

Working long hours, with no chance to have a life outside of work. Unrealistic demands from managers, and the corporate office. You're expected to do the workload of three people at once, then you get in trouble if its not done in time. You're under constant pressure to sell their brands of wine or spirits. Don't bother recommending a "Big Name" brand, you'll be scolded if you do.

Advice to Management

Things wouldn't be so bad, if there wasn't so much pressure on employees.

"DO NOT WORK HERE!!!"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Potomac, MD
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Potomac, MD

I have been working at Total Wine & More full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Payment.... Some free products

Cons

I've work long hours before at my previous job but this was ridicules. Everyone at the company works 9 + hours everyday and sometimes weekend. The concept of work/life balance does not exists.

Let's talk about benefits ..... well they are not that great so I would recommend that you either do two things; Under 25 stay on your parents insurance or make sure your on your spouse insurance.

You WILL have a manager that does not know how to lead because they do not have training on how to lead. So expect to have a boss that will talk to you any kind of way, threaten to fire you over personal reasons, never getting constructive feedback, and will not approve vacation time.

Advice to Management

You ALL need training