Totango - Totango is on to something | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"Totango is on to something"

Current Employee - Product Management
Current Employee - Product Management

I have been working at Totango full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Totango is riding on a high. The high of having deployed the largest CS project in Enterprise history in record time!The excitement is palpable! Fairly flat management structure with freedom to perform and execute. Good mix of young blood with solid enterprise veterans. Everyone is treated with respect and lots of characters to always have fun! 2019 and 2020 will be defining years! Key hires are in place to take the company to new heights!

Cons

None really! I sincerely feel the company is being a bit conservative. We need to ride the high and grab market share more aggressively since the competition is clearly all hype and no substance!

Advice to Management

We need to ramp up marketing and sales and get more aggressive!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Don’t be fooled. Join at your own risk."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Totango full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location and subsidized Crunch Fitness membership.

Cons

I typically do not write negative reviews but I feel that prospective employees need to know what’s really happening at Totango. To put it bluntly, this is the worst place I’ve ever worked at.
    Executive team always “knows it all” and is “led” by a control freak CEO. No accountability from the top makes goal setting and planning a joke. Plenty of baiting and switching on promises made to employees.
    The executive team fosters a hostile work environment. There is zero focus on creating a positive employee culture. Morale is poor and employee turnover is high. Everyone is looking for the exits. As a previous Glassdoor reviewer mentioned, be wary of positive Glassdoor reviews. See LinkedIn for how many people have left before their 1-year mark. Despite this, management refuses to make appropriate changes.
    There are no full-time HR resources. If you have any HR-related issues (of which there are many), you are at the mercy of management.
    Poor communication. Zero trust or transparency.
    The office facility is in poor shape. The office carpet is stained and ripped. Cords and wires run all over the place. The furniture is uncomfortable and cheap. There is no privacy to take calls or meetings. This is not a company willing to invest in a working environment designed to bring out the best from their employees.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging. Be open to other ideas. Hold yourself accountable to the same standards that you set for your employees.
    Invest in your people and trust them. Micromanagement and minimal transparency isn’t a winning recipe for success. There are some real hard-working and experienced professionals with great ideas at the company who know how to do their job and execute...if you let them. It’s a travesty that the executive team lets their ego, hubris, and a hostile culture get in their own way of succeeding.
    Invest in the workplace! Ripped carpet and uncontrolled wires around the floor are dangerous. Cheap furniture doesn’t welcome creativity or innovation. It just screams that you don’t care.
    Create a full-time HR function. The toxic work environment is an HR disaster waiting to happen.

Totango Response

Feb 13, 2019 – Head of People Team

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment so we appreciate your insights on where we can improve. It is disappointing to hear... More

"Sales Development Representative"

Pros

Good location and free lunches.

Cons

Terrible Executive team. Also a hostile work environment.

Discover more reviews about Totango.