Towers Perrin - Good | Glassdoor

"Good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

The company offered a great working environment that allowed for excellent on the job training. It was a good community with my coworkers and I felt I learned a lot.

Cons

While the working environment was superb at Towers Perrin, I found that the salaries were a bit low compared to my peers also working downtown.

Advice to Management

My advice to the management would be to offer a higher form of compensation for your employees. This would increase the retention rate and satisfy everyone.

Other Employee Reviews for Towers Perrin

1. "It was the most miserable years of my life"

Former Employee - Associate in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Associate in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

TP now TW is truly a brand name consulting firm. Most people have heard the name and respect the quality of the firm.

Cons

In the office I worked, it was awful. No leadership, no communciation, no open sharing of projects or ideas. It was a toxic environment with little imagination or desire to improve. I think the heirarchial structure is really detrimental to the productivity and development of the firm. Too many people have been there for too long and have no idea how other, productive businesses operate.

Advice to Management

Put people in leadership positions who have leadership qualities. Give clear direction on goal attainment and advancement. Attempt to reduce the overinflated opinions of senior level management as they are typically out of touch and egomanical.

2. "At least it's a job"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

The people can be excellent

Cons

Upper management seems totally checked out at all times and it trickles down to every level of work. The merger has been especially poorly handled.

Advice to Management

Stop just collecting a paycheck and engage in your job.