Town Pump - i love the customer service but hate the was im treated at the work place | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Town Pump

"i love the customer service but hate the was im treated at the work place"

Current Employee - Cashier in Whitefish, MT
Current Employee - Cashier in Whitefish, MT

Pros

town pump is constantly growing and i love being around the customers, helping them even with the simple stuff, and other then my location you get that pat on the back when you plus sale or offer the best customer service and for that i think town pump is a great work environment, town pump also treats there employees like a big family and i can see my self making town pump not just a job but a career, just that little something that i can tell people that Ive been working for town pump for 20 years and be proud to say it

Cons

i dislike the way im treated by my upper management and it effects how i am around customers, i feel like the customers can see that something is bothering me, its of great concern that im not offering the best of my services because of the cold shoulder and the constant let down i get from my manager even when im the only one that shows to work with a positive attitude or pushes sales more then anyone at my location

Advice to Management

if i was to offer my manager advice i would say to interact with the employees more and give them some positive feed back to make then happier at the work place and want to come to work i think that when the employees are happy, the customers are happy too

Other Employee Reviews for Town Pump

1. "Town Pump Review"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Montana (Bulgaria)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Montana (Bulgaria)

Pros

Community based, team oriented, growth and development within the company and the ability for advancement, excellent benefits with competitive wages. Company is a fixture in the communities and a part of the culture, which provides stability.

Cons

The environment is fast paced and continually changing. There is often a high employee turn over rate, which makes teamwork a difficult task to attain. Overtime and long hours are often commonplace.

Advice to Management

I have been on both sides for this company as an employee and as management. I enjoy and love my job. You get what you put in. Empower and inspire others because we are only as good as those who work with us. The manager only succeeds when the employees do.

2. "So far it appears to be a good company to work for but hard to make a living at it for sure."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

Pros

Seems like a fair company to work for, opportunities are probably there. I like the job and enjoy the interaction with the customers. There is always someone to help you a phone call away.

Cons

The pay and the fact that you can't really have a second job since the hours vary so much as well as the lack of hours. Just too hard to make a living at this job. I applied because the pay used to be better and I didn't realize the wages had went down. You don't even get enough hours and you should if you are a good employee.

Advice to Management

In this economy hard working employees should be compensated better and the policy on only managers getting 40 hrs should be removed. I make less than what your starting wage used to be and I've had raises. It makes it hard to justify staying with Town Pump when you can't pay your necessary bills. I'm used to not having "extra" money, but would at least like to be able to pay my bills and that is rent & utilities, the only extra is internet.