Town of Oyster Bay - My experience at the Town of Oyster Bay varied greatly from department to department. | Glassdoor

"My experience at the Town of Oyster Bay varied greatly from department to department."

Former Employee - Recreational Aide in Massapequa, NY

I worked at Town of Oyster Bay full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lot of departments! Easy to move around "til you find that perfect fit. Nobody wants to spend their entire day surrounded by old, gossiping women, which could easily happen here. Thankfully, I was able to check out three of four different spots, when I finally found a perfect fit. Of course, there's always one person, but I can honestly say that (besides that one), I honestly enjoyed working with everyone in my... last position. I would definitely have stayed if personal circumstances didn't dictate that I move to another state.

Cons

Very politically ruled. It's all about who you know!!! Additionally (and because of this), too many of the wrong people have too much power. They seem to attract mean, spiteful, immature supervisors, who like flexing their muscles and disrupting work more than overseeing a smooth flow of operation.

Advice to Management

Watch your Deputies! I know of one in particular who went rogue. Ruined my experience with the Town until I was fortunate enough to move to a different department and a much more mature Deputy.

Town of Oyster Bay2014-04-28

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Helped sell daily beach passes"

I have been working at Town of Oyster Bay part-time

Pros

Great people, fun environment, overall good

Cons

Early hours, community/neighbors often complain

Town of Oyster Bay2019-06-05
  2. "Good"

Former Employee - Sanitation Worker in Syosset, NY

I worked at Town of Oyster Bay full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Safe hopefully with union !

Cons

Corruption a lot of it

Town of Oyster Bay2019-09-23

Discover more reviews about Town of Oyster Bay.