Towne Park - Good people and a solid company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Towne Park

"Good people and a solid company"

Former Employee - Valet/Bell Services in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Valet/Bell Services in Orlando, FL

I worked at Towne Park part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hiring practices and promoting from within creates managers who care about the company and all team members. Potential for very good money with tips. Excellent opportunity for training and advancement.

Cons

Tipped positions have very inconsistent pay, especially in areas with heavy tourist seasons. Sometimes the contract nature of the position causes conflicting orders from Towne Park management vs. hotel management.

Other Employee Reviews for Towne Park

"Dehumanizing"

Current Employee - Valet Attendant in Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Valet Attendant in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Towne Park full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Valet is an easy get job. Most probobaly because of the nature of the job most employees tend to leave in a matter of six months to a year hence, turn over is high & demand for runners aswell. Money eneryday in your pocket & flexibility of schedule.

Cons

This has had to be by far the worst experience I have ever had at a valet company. I don't even know where to start. They have a very strange motto their at town park. their motto is "If you're not bringing in good tips it's because you're either stealing or not working." Apparently this is the owner's motto. Doesn't really leave much to expectation or how they're going to treat you. Now, I don't know if it was just the supervisors that I met or that those are accurately portraying town park's attitude towards runners. Some were very nice. Every time you turn in your tip for the next cut, if it doesn't match up with everyone else's or if it was a small amount they criticize you & talk down to you like you're a child who just took a poop outside of the potty. The most disrespectful part to me is that they try to insinuate that you're either stealing or not working since that's the owner's motto. They require you to run at all times on the ramp, to get a car, to return from the parking facility, etc., etc., etc. You aren't provided or even allowed to have a rain coat or poncho for the rain. You're just supposed to get soaked & risk getting a cold like an animal. If you get sick & can't come to work they require you to bring in a doctors note which cost more then what you make in a day. They expect this from minimum wage earners with no regard to their health. If you don't provide the doctor's note, you're written up. Management has 101 ways of finding something to write you up for even if they don't have actually proof that you did. Yeah, that's right... I was actually almost written up for something I did do & that they had no proof of & if it weren't for me defending my self I would have been written up. They like to complain about having a ramp full of too many cars & that the team shouldn't be having to need the garage team to assist yet, they make no one park & pull or have the initiative to assign someone the responsibility of dumping cars so that the rest can concentrate on retrieving cars. When you do park & then retrieve cars you obviously end up with less money & then they give you adversity ignoring the fact that you've been parking & retrieving. Theirs just no way to please them. They talk so much crap about how THEY BUST their but on the ramp yet don't realize that runners do double the work because unlike a ramp supervisor, runners have to make the money from the sweat of our brow while they in the meantime just stand around giving tickets & the occasional sprint across the ramp to fetch the ferrari or rolls royce that they're probably pocketing. Which brings me to the last con. When it's finally time to do the tip cut they bring it to the back were no one can see what they hell they're doing & you're aren't told either what amount everyone individually made so you could do the math. I'm leaving this place ASAP, no customary notification because they don't deserve it!

Advice to Management

Take control of the ramp system & the disciplinary system that you're out of control supervisors put upon runners.

"Easy to get job, hard to keep"

Current Employee - Valet in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Valet in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Towne Park full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will hire most anyone. The interview was a group interview and it was very easy. You get tips which you can report or not, its up to you. But it is not like the IRS will audit someone making 20k/year. Most account are at hotels which offer free food. Since the turnover rate is so high you can probably get promoted easily.

Cons

They treat you like a slave. No benefits unless you are management. Your tips are supposed to be spread across the week so that on average you are making at least minimum wage. So on some days you actually make less than minimum wage because hourly is only $5

Advice to Management

Pay your employees for what they earned that day, don't spread the tips across the week to get an average of at least minimum wage.