Townsend & Associates - Incredible service matched with friendly and professional staff. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Townsend & Associates

"Incredible service matched with friendly and professional staff."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Townsend & Associates as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, professionalism, friendly, willingness to help in any way possible, career advice, resume advice, consultations, open communication interviews.

Cons

Selective industry, client communication, one location, on-boarding process

Townsend & Associates Response

Nov 19, 2014 – Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for the feedback! We always try to go the extra mile regardless of job location. We are glad to hear you had a positive experience and welcome any suggestions you may have for us!

Other Employee Reviews for Townsend & Associates

1. "Recruiting Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Townsend & Associates as an intern

Pros

-Employee friendly company where management does care about you
    -Young, professional and hard working staff
    -Great environment, a company where everybody works as a team and where the sky is really the limit
    -I had a great experience during my training and learned a lot

Cons

-I dont see any cons working at Townsend & Associates

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!

2. "Don't Be Fooled"

I worked at Townsend & Associates full-time

Pros

There are 0 pros to working here.

Cons

If you have any recruiting experience at all - do not, I repeat, DO NOT leave your current company to work for Townsend & Associates. Whatever you don't like about your current company, please trust when I say, it is not as bad as Townsend & Associates. You will not make it through the first year in order to reward yourself with the generous comp package that is promised, which most of us left our current situations because of that lacking.

You will have an 11:00 recruiter meeting every morning that is heavily focused on negative results from the day prior and management beating you down regarding your unattainable metrics. The only way you are able to achieve the level of metrics they require is to work 10 hour days, which most will do, in order to avoid feeling shunned in these meetings. You are expected to talk about your struggles, which are largely connected to submitting solely to MSP's. You will work the same jobs day in and day out in the same markets and you will still be expected to explain/reiterate those same struggles attached to you having already submitted your select candidates in that market with the laundry list of requirements that the 6/mo contract entails.

You will most likely be reached out to via LinkedIn with mention of a remote recruiting opportunity, which sounds fantastic for any of those like myself, who was facing a daunting commute everyday. The commute is by far better than having to report to management. They have no actual recruiting experience themselves. You will be tag teamed and micromanaged throughout your day; taking away all joys of working from home. They will create a negative work environment for you.

There are more coordinators than there are recruiters and you are assigned a coordinator for support. However, you are responsible for formatting your own resumes and submitting all candidates to the MSP's, which can be extremely time consuming and you are responsible for 3-5 submittals a day. The coordinators basically check up on you to make sure you've bombarded your candidates after an initial phone screen with the paperwork Townsend & Associates requires before an interview has even been requested. They will send every one of your candidates an application asking them to provide 10 years of work history along with references within 24-48 hours. Once again, before an interview is requested. Why they won't accept the information provided on the candidates resume is beyond me.

Most of the company reviews are not left by actual employees of Townsend & Associates, but rather contractors. Do yourself a huge favor and pass!

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach! Positivity should start from the top. You are the problem!