Toyota North America - Senior Engineer | Glassdoor

"Senior Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Georgetown, KY
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Georgetown, KY

I have been working at Toyota North America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They have a Pleasant environment, motivating atmosphere, great benefits, and rewarding projects.
I have worked in all the plants and though each has its own personality they all share a common thread of respect and good will.

Cons

Sometimes long days and long weeks and long weekends place a hardship on family life. Some years are worse than others.

Advice to Management

Certain groups bear the brunt of travel and long hours. Some groups are paid hourly thus receive OT, but other groups work virtually the same hours with out OT. It is terrible for moral and a major factor in valuable employee loss. I advise to add an incentive with OT for tough work, long hours.

Other Employee Reviews for Toyota North America

1. "Healthy and sustainable"

Current Contractor - Vehicle Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Contractor - Vehicle Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Toyota North America as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

This company is one of the best organizations to work for, they understand and care about the impact they have on the planet on every level. Truly interested in constantly improving. They also are one of the top automotive companies worldwide so they have a lot of money and don't mind spending it.

Cons

I need a more challenging position at this point in my life. I feel like in my current position there isn't much room for growth.

2. "Toyota is a great organization to work for, decent pay, great benefits and not too demanding."

Former Employee - Inventory Control in Owings Mills, MD
    Former Employee - Inventory Control in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Toyota North America part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Toyota offers great benefits packages to their associates. Their benefits alone are better than any other organization that I have worked for.

Cons

There seemed to be a breakdown in communication between middle management and associates. Pay could be better but I'm sure that's the cost of having such great benefits.

Advice to Management

Communication is lacking within departments