Toys "R" Us - Fantastic | Glassdoor

"Fantastic"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Houston, TX

Pros

Fun environment to work around. Plenty of new faces everyday such as celebrities like Andre Johnson for the Houston Texans.

Cons

The only downside about any retail store is working holidays which means tons of people with tons of attitudes which leads to massive stress.

Other Employee Reviews for Toys "R" Us

1. "Definitely worth the short amount of time I spent there."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Lincoln, NE

Pros

"OK" pay
    Fun people to work with; managers really get to become friendly with everyone.
    Work with you on days off

Cons

Scheduling can be a total mess.
    Holiday season is terrifying--even for someone who has worked at a store during holiday season before.
    Customers are very quick to become cranky and will always blame the first person they see.

Advice to Management

Give your stores more leeway--our management would have definitely jumped at the chance to accommodate us and make us feel more comfortable if they had the monetary means to do so.

"Did it for the Experience, promised myself I would not do it again."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Van Nuys, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Van Nuys, CA

Pros

The people that worked there were the best thing while working at Toys "R" Us. Management gave me a lot of responsibility which I thought was a compliment to my work ethic.

Cons

Horrible hours, there were weeks I was working 8 hours a week. There was never really any safety training which I thought was horrible. It was a "go out there and do it" kind of job with little to no training. Like all jobs people were preferred and really unfair. The biggest thing that got me mad was that when I got the Job they told me I was going to work as a Electronics sales person. I was gonna do most of my time in "R" zone (electronics). I was excited for that. I never stepped foot into that place.

Advice to Management

Concentrate more on training the staff, using them to their abilities, and crack down on Managers choosing favorites in a working environment.