Toys "R" Us - Management not so great. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Toys "R" Us

"Management not so great."

Former Employee - Sales Team Member in Wichita, KS
Former Employee - Sales Team Member in Wichita, KS

Pros

The people you get to come in contact with are all fairly nice, and the merchandise discount of 10% helps on large purchases like furniture or bedding sets.

Cons

The management team could have been more understanding about school schedules and health emergencies. The General Manager of the store I worked at was also not very proficient at the cash registers and helping when backup cashiers were needed. Also, the Sales Associates should have much more product knowledge than they currently have. I've gone back to shop several times after leaving my job there, and the people I worked with couldn't offer me much help with new items I had questions about.

Other Employee Reviews for Toys "R" Us

"Waste of my time"

Former Employee - Team Member in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Team Member in Plantation, FL

Pros

The only reason I stay so long was that the medical insurance was very cheap.
    During Christmas you will have a very good income.

Cons

They don't give enough hours, is supposed to be a PART-TIME not ONCE-A-WEEK-TIME. The most hours I've got was during season (Christmas) and I didn't make full 40 hours a week. After that they started scheduling every 2 weeks and at one point I was getting only one day of 5 hours in TWO WEEKS... I was so behind on my bills and having a very difficult economic situation. They did this to every part-time Team Member as far as I know. Also I was always schedule on my "not available" hours when I had school, this was a constant problem that was never resolved. Because all of this I decided to quit and never look back.

Advice to Management

During season treat the employees better. Is not healthy to work for 14 hours straight and being said that if you don't "stay" you will be fire. I don't even think that is legal.

"stressful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Pros

you can work with cool people if you get lucky, some managment/supervisors are reasonable and easy to get along with

Cons

Some managers don't do any work and criticize employees for their lack of work. Working in retail you will obviously encounter annoying customers

Advice to Management

Make sure managers and supervisors are just as accountable as lower lever employees. Better communicate issues with lower level employees