Toys "R" Us - Bad pay and low hours | Glassdoor

"Bad pay and low hours"

Current Employee - Team Member
Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Toys "R" Us part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a cool store and the employee discount and clearance sales are nice.

Cons

Your hours will be terrible unless you happen to be one of the few full time staff, and you will make barely above minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Hire less people on after Christmas season so that more people can be full time, and hire throughout the year if necessary rather than ONLY before season.

Other Employee Reviews for Toys "R" Us

"Toys R Us has lost it's focus"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Toys "R" Us full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing better than working with kids and toys. Training is good in the off-season, spotty during busy times. At least they have updated their uniforms to the 1970's. Probably not a bad place for part-time job, but I feel sorry for the kid's wanting to start off here.

Cons

Ridiculously bad customer focus. This company is so worried about it's bottom line and stock price that it has forgotten who and what got them this far. Very poor working hours during the season, 70 or more hours per week, with the promise of comp time during the off season. But they make the mangers dump all of their help and then it's only you and two other people to run the store every day so you can't take any time off. Company is cutting expenses so severely, we can't even maintain the building. I can't believe anyone still shops here. Upper management is so conflicted, we can't get a straight story from anyone. District manager has no idea what they are doing, no retail knowledge, no product knowledge, no inventory knowledge. And speaking of inventory, the managers have no control. They pump product into your store without any input, product you don't have room for and couldn't sell if you did.

Advice to Management

They know what to do, they just won't do it. I don't think management's attitude towards it's employees will every change, but the least they could do is take care of their customers. Good luck, Toys, I can't seeing you making it last much longer.

2. "Interesting"

I worked at Toys "R" Us part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a great place to buy toys and it was easy work for everyone because there was no stress at all

Cons

There was no organization within the company and no one would work hard or complete duties at all every day

Advice to Management

Shape up