Toys "R" Us - Toys "R" Us is stressful during season and very relaxed otherwise; but, all in all an easy side job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Toys "R" Us

"Toys "R" Us is stressful during season and very relaxed otherwise; but, all in all an easy side job."

Current Employee - Sales Team Member in Concord, NC
Current Employee - Sales Team Member in Concord, NC

I have been working at Toys "R" Us part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are down-to-earth and considerate. Knowledge of sales and deals at Toys "R" Us is a perk. Store Manager is friendly and flexible with schedules.

Cons

Store tends to get very dirty and inventory is often strewn about. Managers constantly berate employees about metrics. Out-of-season is very limited in terms of work hours given to part-time employees. Employee discount is negligible. Training is very informal and lacking.

Advice to Management

Improve inventory by allowing customers to have official input on what they want to purchase. Improve the "Big Ticket" request system because as it is now, customers take a slip, wait in line at registers, hand the slip, cashiers call Big Ticket, and customers have to wait even longer before exiting the store and/or making the purchase. Streamline the Big Ticket system so that customers can make the request before ever standing in line at registers. Improve break rooms. Rest rooms also need lots of attention.

Other Employee Reviews for Toys "R" Us

1. "I was working there in season during Black Friday/ Christmas, so the hours were good with decent pay."

Former Employee - Cashier/Sales Team Member in Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier/Sales Team Member in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Toys "R" Us part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is very flexible. If you give them a heads up they are willing to help with any off time you need or shift switches. People they tend to hire often mesh well with others. I didn't have a negative thing to say about my co-workers.

Cons

The hours out of season. Only getting a total of 10-12 hours per paycheck doesn't help someone financially.

2. "Cashier/sales"

I worked at Toys "R" Us part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it worked around my schedule

Cons

Wasn't really trained. Was tossed into training and the trainer didn't seem to care.