Toys "R" Us - You would think a toy store would be a fun place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Toys "R" Us

"You would think a toy store would be a fun place to work"

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Toys "R" Us full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay, vacation, personal growth, peers

Cons

Logistics although improvement still not up to date, Need to be coupon friendly (makes it difficult for cashiers to management) Too many conference calls (would rather be on floor)
Driven by 27 metrics instead of 3 as quoted all the time. Too much pressure placed on employees to drive numbers for min.wage with no incentives. Invest in employees (cookouts on holidays)

Other Employee Reviews for Toys "R" Us

"If there was a way to give this company negative stars, I would"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Toys "R" Us full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good I can say about this company. They underpay and overwork their salaried managers. They accept mediocrity in their hourly employees because they pay them so little that it does not matter to them. As long as the salaried employees work 60 to 70 hours a week, this will never change. They tie the hands of their managers to hold hourly employees to any standards by not having proper policies in place for poor behavior.

Cons

I worked for this company for almost two years. I took another job recently so that I could escape with some sanity. I was a salaried manager. During my tenure, I was working 10 to 15 hours a day. Working 15-17 hours a day 6 days a week from November through December. I gave two weeks notice and worked as hard as always for those two weeks expecting to receive my complete salary as well as the vacation that I had been unable to take because of the needs of the store. Not only did they not pay me for my last week of work, they refuse to pay my earned vacation pay. That is how much they appreciate their employees. In case you think this is sour grapes, you are wrong. I was a loyal, hardworking employee. Excellent reviews and commendations. But enough is enough.

Advice to Management

Get out while you can. This company is grasping at straws.

2. "eh"

I worked at Toys "R" Us part-time

Pros

good pay for the work

Cons

lack of management or leadership