TraceSecurity - It's who you befriend what matters. Not your experience or what you do. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TraceSecurity

"It's who you befriend what matters. Not your experience or what you do."

Former Employee - Information Security Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at TraceSecurity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very casual environment, and very friendly coworkers. Good health benefits. No much traveling as expected and announced.

Cons

Too much value given to employees that only purpose is to sell (I exclude sales department from this), including delivery managers and directors who only play facebook, but are supposed to manage security analysts.
The delivery and service actually blocks analysts forward progress. Who you befriend determines salary increase. Employee value is determined by sales not by value to customers.

Advice to Management

The organization values sales over everything else. Not much to say that others haven't said already

Other Employee Reviews for TraceSecurity

"Loads of potential that will never be realized"

Former Employee - Information Security Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at TraceSecurity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It should be noted that any positive review from someone claiming to be in a technical role for this company should have its authenticity strongly questioned. I could write for days about this place, but I will try to be brief. Like many places, Trace has its pros and cons. Unlike many other places, though, the cons FAR outweigh the pros.

- Good experience, fast…IF you don’t already have even the most basic security knowledge.
    - Casual environment
    - Training reimbursement (albeit with a “gotcha” clause if you leave within a year)
    - Airline, hotel and rental car points and status
    - Sightseeing
    - Other technical people

Cons

- Unrealistic and unsustainable work load and expectations. You will never stop working.
    - If you show any promise, you will be run into the ground.
    - Management has no security experience or insight, or any desire to acquire any such knowledge.
    - Attempts to make reparation for poor treatment of technical people equates to someone offering you a Skittle as an apology for stabbing you in the eye with a chainsaw.
    - Management’s unbelievably high emotional sensitivity makes it impossible to give any type of feedback without being attacked.
    - Some managers form “cliques” that afford them special privileges like severe, chronic, unpunished tardiness and the ability to sit in one office and joke around on Youtube for hours.
    - Good luck getting a decent salary out of them. Those are reserved for people that sell things.

In summary, my 3 years at Trace brought me to a level of depression and misery that I never thought possible. The people that I worked WITH were great people, great coworkers and great friends. The people that I worked FOR were also great people, but they were probably the worst supervisors and decision makers you can possibly imagine. Trace has/had the potential to be the greatest job on this planet, but until management stops making decisions with their emotions and swallows their pride long enough to look in the mirror, this place will continue to be a grinder for technical people.

Advice to Management

This box isn't big enough to include all of the things that management needs to do to make this place tolerable.

"Management don't have expertise"

Former Employee - Information Security Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at TraceSecurity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is an enjoyable environment. Other analysts make your work fun. The field is very interesting and you can learn fast if you commit to the experience. Though it gets some times repetitive, you can still get ahead.

Cons

Delivery Managers are just sales people. No experience in the field, fool ideas and you can't expect any guidance from them.

I happen to meet some experienced guys who left the company. There are better opportunities out there that people have taken.