Tractor Supply - some good some bad | Glassdoor

"some good some bad"

I have been working at Tractor Supply full-time

Pros

work hard, have fun make money

Cons

not good pay for employees,

Advice to Management

Get on the same page.

Other Employee Reviews for Tractor Supply

"White collar Corporate control."

I worked at Tractor Supply full-time (More than a year)

Pros

simple work hours for someone who only wants a part time job. Was given an opportunity to help others with personal knowledge of farm live and livestock.

Cons

Low income pay scale for the physical labor required. Injuries were a daily occurrence. I was informed people who don't file for workman's comp kept their jobs longer.
    The erratic schedule made it literally impossible to take on a second job. Only management received decent income wage plus high bonuses. Corporate demanded you return any merchandise for a customer ,then deducted it from your quota that prevented you from receiving a bonus.
     The Bonus was the seller of the job to me because I was told that is why the pay scale was so low because the bonus was so high. I was there one year and only received one bonus check and it was so small I never noticed it in my pay check.
    The customers made up their own prices and you were punished if you disagreed .
     Rules were never fallowed by ether employees of management. I write up was give for any reason ,on any accusation, at anytime without warning . There was to be no dispute.
     There was NO Training on any subject ,but yet was expected to be knowledgeable an every subject. They hired people with NO Retail / Cashier experience into management positions.

Advice to Management

Hire only full time employees, with the experience in the field required. For decent pay. No more school students that might or might not show up for their shifts. All shifts should have a member of senior / experienced management on hand instead of a team lead. All shifts should be staffed by equal amount of employees as the shift before instead of 10 in the day shift on 3 for the evening shift because the evening shift is busier then the day.
       Customers are not always right, When a policy is posted in writing for all to see on returns then that is the policy for all. Customers are not to be allowed to make up their own prices unless all customers are allowed to buy that product at that same price.
     Not all complains are ligament and should be investigated before applying consequences.
     Corporate office should be more concerned with the bonus of their employees and their welfare instead of their own bonuses

"Depends on the manager"

Current Employee - Receiver
    Current Employee - Receiver

I have been working at Tractor Supply full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, vacation for full time team members, employee discount. If you want to move up in the company, they are very open to that.

Cons

Average pay for retail. Company cuts hours due to slow sales then sends out a company wide e-mail stating that the company topped $5 billion in sales for the first time. Kind of a mixed message.

Advice to Management

Can be a great place to work if you have a good store manager.