Trader Joe's - The most fun job. Time flies when you work there. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Trader Joe's

"The most fun job. Time flies when you work there."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

The environment is very positive overall. It is easy to go there, have a good time, and leave with a clear head.

Cons

Sometimes it gets very busy in the store and it can be a bit overwhelming if you aren't used to working in constant contact to people.

Advice to Management

I think the leadership at Trader Joe's is doing a good job overall. I have no negative feedback for them.

Other Employee Reviews for Trader Joe's

"Absolutely the best retail Job, hands down"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Brea, CA

Pros

Everyone always asks why the employees are so happy at TJ's; it's because they treat their employees extremely well. Great pay, great benefits, and a great atmosphere to work in. Plus they sell delicious food at low prices, so you believe in the product you are selling - which makes the job easy! Best of all, you get pay reviews on a consistent schedule. I think this is key. You know where you stand at all times. They let you know the areas you need to improve, plus praise your areas of strengths, which motivates you to perform well. I can't say enough good things about this company. It's ideal for students because they work around your schedule and are very supportive. This job got me through my bachelors degree and masters degree. I have since left to enter my field of study, but I'll always be a loyal customer and proudly sing my praises of being a former employee.

Cons

I've worked at several different stores and sometimes, unfortunately, managers have their favorites and those individuals are given better shift preferences, but hey, that's true no matter where you work. As long as you work hard and prove yourself, I've found that in time you make it up the ladder no matter where you work within this company.

Advice to Management

Management is slowly becoming more and more corporate as the years go on - just don't forget your carefree roots of being a laid back, non-beurocratic company - its what made you great!!!

"Great place to shop, not a great place to work."

Current Employee - Crew Member in West Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Crew Member in West Hartford, CT

Pros

Great pay and great benefits. The training, at least when I started, was better than any I received at other retail jobs. There are also a lot of opportunities for fun with coworkers and bonding. The food is great and the discount is nice.

Cons

You most likely will get injured. Most of the people in my store have gotten injured at some point, including myself. Hours are highly variable and advancement is dependent upon favoritism rather than hard work. Management turnover compounds these problems.

Advice to Management

Regionals should pay more surprise visits rather than announcing their arrival to the Captain if they want to get a true idea of how their stores are really looking and running. Listen to part-timers since they have less of a vested interest in telling you what you want to hear and more motivation to be honest.