Trader Joe's - The best company I've ever worked for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Trader Joe's

"The best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Crew Member in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Crew Member in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Trader Joe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Crew and management are friendly, helpful, energetic, and full of helpful hints and advice. you have a question, someone in the store can answer it or at least find somebody who can! Majority of the customers are friendly and very happy with the level of help and customer service. Excellent pay and benefits! A great opportunity to grow!

Cons

None to be had, seriously!

Other Employee Reviews for Trader Joe's

"I want to stay here forever"

Current Employee - Crew Member in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Trader Joe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Granted, I haven't been working here for very long, 5 months, but absolutely love it. The benefits are great, the people I work with are all very kind, all the full-timers are freaking awesome!

Cons

Since it's a customer oriented business, some customers love to take advantage. I have seen a lot of really awful customers with meaningless complaints...

Advice to Management

None =)

"Crew reviews"

Current Employee - Crew in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Crew in Boston, MA

I have been working at Trader Joe's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

easy job to get . You don't have to like the manager, they get moved around a lot . You don't have to work too hard they won't fire you.

Cons

Communication and direction from management is dysfunctional. Management passes off training to your fellow coworkers who are surprised this is their new job description. Later on you get told from several other crew members how to do things differently or critized you didn't do something the way they would do it.. If you are a hard worker mangement will give more than your share and then thank you by saying you are not as good a team player as expected.

Advice to Management

Actions speak loader than words. No matter how much you lie to the crew we know. We are much more people oriented, that's why we are crew. We know people people people. Managment do not talk about a crew to all of us with negativity and then put on someones review in writing its not ok for them to come to you with the same comment. Tell me to my face that it's not ok even though you did it! Oh and to make matters worse you repay me by saying I don't meet team player expectations. I kiss up to the whole store including you and this is how you treat me. Thank you, well done!