Trader Joe's - Pretty great place to work! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Trader Joe's

"Pretty great place to work!"

Current Employee - Crew Member

Pros

The best thing is the commitment TJ's has to promote a sense of community between the Crew Members and our customers. We're encouraged to learn our customers names, and to engage them on the floor. The benefits TJ's offers to part-timers are better than I've received at full time jobs with large corporations. The work can be hard, yes, both physically and emotionally, but most days you leave feeling a sense of accomplishment.

Cons

It can be emotionally draining, dealing with some of the abuse the customers heap on us; and not all full-timers are as competent as others, so it can be a hit-or-miss some days, depending on who's "running the floor." Full-timers tend to play favorites, and if you're not a suck-up, you may not be on their favorites list.

Advice to Management

I'm pretty happy with TJ's, and most customers are happy with us. Even on vacation, having dinner in Rome, I heard two American couples discussing Trader Joe's and how much they loved it!

Other Employee Reviews for Trader Joe's

1. "12 yrs and counting"

Current Employee - Part-time Crew Member
    Current Employee - Part-time Crew Member

Pros

reason #1. great crew
    #2. great hours #3. great working envirorment #4. always ready to accomodate any schedule changes

Cons

-constant change in management causes confusion at times,i.e., section leaders: changes in each sections "expectations".
    -full-time staff not being trained as well as expected

Advice to Management

-advice? perhaps allowing a "seasoned" part-time crew member ( i was a full timer for 6rys before stepping down to crew member) to leaders meetings...lots of imput could come from this.
    -Love to see a change in the advertising aspect. How about a "live" remote from different stores "ambusing" shopping carts to see if the product being tauted is being purchased!! interesting and up to date approach?!! not that the radio ads are bad, but, they are BORING!!!!

2. "Great Place to work and Shop!!!"

Current Employee - Crew Member

Pros

The People, The Food and The Atmosphere!! Great scheduling and Wine and Food tastings weekly and employee Tastings every payday.

Cons

I Only get to work 35 hrs a week usualy, other than that I can't think of any thing else.

Advice to Management

Remember.... The best way to raise sales is to take good care of the customers we have, and attract new ones... a kinda sales "Kaizen"