Traeger Pellet Grills - So, so | Glassdoor

"So, so"

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with, I make decent money for what I do and it is a very casual and relaxed work environment. Awesome benefits. I am very fond of the new CEO as well, things seem to be progressing nicely.

Cons

Very unorganized company, not much guidance from bosses or managers, and there are a lot of daily tasks that people do that are unnecessary and could be eliminated.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have sit downs with management and discuss how things are going and what my workload looks like, instead of everyone being in the dark about what I do.

Other Employee Reviews for Traeger Pellet Grills

"It has gone to far! No money! No info from above! Always in the dark"

Current Employee - MIT or sales lab rat
    Current Employee - MIT or sales lab rat

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros are the grills. Certainly not the company or the management. That goes for all you guys including team leaders

Cons

All traeger really seems to care about advertisement and sales. For the kiosk guys more on the advertisement side. Pitch pitch pitch. Wonder why? Possibly because they are going to HSN/QVC the store do not make enough money for a company of this size. The kiosk are new to traeger and they are using the teams to advertise their product for the future. Justify at least 3 employees at a kiosk at a total about 132k a year. The stores do not even clear that in total sales!!! Plus the lease. There is more to the story. Sounds as if the upper management got wind of the truth on Glassdoor per today's conf call and team leaders asking who wrote the reviews!!! Maybe because it is all true!! Food for thought TL's when the little guys ask for answers stop hiding the truth. Simple. Are u afraid the employees will walk? We will walk either way. When we ask for time off weekend or not give it to is to keep us fresh so we enjoy our jobs! Instead it feels like jail day in and out. Thousands of text about pitching eyes on the grill u guys are the best give it ur all. We signed up to give it our all every day. We do not need to hear it over and over. Non stop text on our days off conf calls about the same stuff when we are off.

There is no way to make money with traeger at kiosks. I wish u would come clean and send out a list of people that actually make money above their draw. We get so far in the hole that we are lab rats working hourly just advertising the grills so the customer will buy somewhere else and u do not have to pay the commission.

Just be real with the kiosk guys. Just admit there is no money. I found out the cell phone case guy is making more money than us and he isn't working half the hours. Stop sugar coating the hiring process. Stop saying you WILL make all this money. It's a failure for ur advertisement. How would u like us to do the same to potential customers??

And stop trying to make review that are NOT TRUE. The truth is coming from your employees.

I think it's time team leaders stop hiding the company's goals and future and let's us know before we are all gone

I talk to many other employees currently working that are going to walk because of this

Advice to Management

Read above. That advice!

"Highly rewarding career for those that CAN sell."

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the job. I've been selling for 15 years. This is the most challenging type of sales position I've ever had, but also the most rewarding. If you don't have the work ethic for it, talent won't make the difference. This is a strong balance between work ethic and sales talent.

Cons

The sales position is both physically and mentally demanding.

Advice to Management

Screen new hires more strictly. I've read the comments on glassdoor and it seems that the negative comments are from those that couldn't sell in this position (that is not to say they can't sell).