TransPerfect - A True Meritocracy | Glassdoor

"A True Meritocracy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at TransPerfect full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

TransPerfect Translations has given me the opportunity to promote change, to grow and develop the skills I need to succeed and to be a part of something truly special. I am continually amazed by the level of talent and intelligence in the employees here. Each and every day we are working to improve and looking for different ways to innovate and continue to strive to be the best. I wouldn't still be here if it wasn't such an amazing place to work.

Cons

This isn't a position for everyone. If you aren't willing to put in hard work, and yes sometimes long hours, this isn't for you. If you aren't willing to go above and beyond and do whatever it takes for ultimate client satisfaction, this isn't for you. The company's end goal is to WOW the client every time, and it takes a special person to be able to consistently deliver, if you don't demand excellence from yourself, this isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing your people to do better and be better, keep improving communication and building layers of management to support such tremendous growth. Innovation and empowering employees is key.

Other Employee Reviews for TransPerfect

"Not a sustainable career."

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at TransPerfect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great experience with working in a fast-paced, no mercy environment
    - Form good relationships with coworkers going through the same struggles
    - Very easy to get a job here

Cons

- High turnover
    - No work & life balance, employees are expected to give up nights and weekends
    - Low compensation for the amount of work put in

Advice to Management

Quality will continue to decrease until Project Managers are fairly compensated with the pay they deserve. Otherwise constant turnoever will continue, and the clients will suffer.

"Great project management experience at a global corporation"

Current Employee - Team Lead in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Team Lead in New York, NY

I have been working at TransPerfect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is filled with ambitious, hard-working go-getters, which fosters a positive environment, encouraging growth in all employees. While everyone works hard towards their own goals, there is also a sense of camaraderie and teamwork within departments
    Even though the company is quite large, every employee gets great individual attention and training.

Cons

The project management position can be quite demanding at times, which can take a toll on work/life balance.