TransPerfect - Project Manager | Glassdoor

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager
Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at TransPerfect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transperfect is a young, swiftly growing company which means there are lots of opportunities for personal growth. With transperfect I started working in one state and had decided to move to a completely new area. at that point I had only been working for them for over a little over a year and all I had to do was ask one time, and they agreed to let me keep doing my same job from an entirely different office. This office was not even set up for production at the time, but now I get to help expand our production center there. At most other companies, I dont think i would have achieved the same outcome or had the same opportunities. They also fly me into the new york office at least once a year. I know i am valued at transperfect and they show it.
Plus, I love all the people i work with. It takes a smart, curious, dedicated person to exceed at project management, so the end result is that I love everyone i work with. Imagine being in a room with your friends and family (if you like your family) and getting to work with them all day. It relieves the pressures of work to have my coworkers around me, and from personal experience i know this is not common at other companies.

Cons

Transperfect project managing is an intense job. I love this part because I am never bored, and I would much rather be stressed than bored. But if you want to sit in an office for 8 hours and only put in 2 hours of work, this job is not for you. However, the company is very, very clear about this when you interview and sets up a three-month training period for you to experience it yourself. Transperfect does not try to hide the nature of the work - they try to find the people who learn to thrive off it. It can take awhile to master the juggling act of working for high-profile clients, but if you have the talent and stick with it, you get there. If I have a flight to catch or a dinner to make, I know how to organize my day to make it. Most days I go home on time, and if I'm staying late it is usually my choice because I'm helping another member of my team or taking the time to master a new responsibility or challenge. As with any job, you must work for your work-life balance. Transperfect is there to help wherever they can, but no one in any business world will be holding your hand the whole way.

Other Employee Reviews for TransPerfect

"Overworked Project Managers"

Pros

Lots of young people, good for a young professional or recent grad

Cons

Work hours, expectations, pay, management

Advice to Management

I wish the CEO's would have done more instead of letting awful Sales Managers bully staff around and treat them unprofessionally.

"Amazing opportunity for growth and great people to work with!"

Pros

TransPerfect is a great environment for young professionals interested in a fast-paced and competitive environment. Once you are out of training your workday becomes entirely under your own control, there is no scheduled lunch hour or break time, you are free to organize your day however fits you best. There is incredible opportunity for growth, for example, in just 2 years I have gone from an entry-level project coordinator to a manager in charge of several other employees and many accounts, which has nearly doubled my salary! It really is true that TransPerfect fosters a great “work hard, play hard” mentality where most of your co-workers are young and interested in having a good time after a long workday.

Cons

Occasional long hours and a challenging workload