TransPerfect - The Good Reviews Are Fake - I was asked to write one as an employee | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "great opportunity to learn a lot from your project" (in 20 reviews)

• "TransPerfect has great people to work with" (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work life balance is straight up crap I can't even sugar coat that" (in 69 reviews)

• "Very long hours without compensation" (in 79 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"The Good Reviews Are Fake - I was asked to write one as an employee"

Pros

I had a desk and a lunch break. There's a 20 word minimum so I have to keep writing just to reach the minimum

Cons

Glassdoor is meant to be a website that customers, employees, or possibly future employees can get a real view of the company culture, work/life balance etc. It is meant to be honest and an inside look at what goes on. My manager at TransPerfect came to me and asked me to write a positive review for the company. Mind you, my manager never spends time with me, and when she does treats me like I'm incapable of doing anything correctly. My hours are absurd, my work is demeaning, I spend 75% of my day cold-calling, the other 25% I do folding letters, printing envelopes, and stuffing mailers. Based on what I was told I'd be doing as opposed to what I am actually doing, this job is a joke. Actually, this company is a joke and shouldn't even be considered such. I'm not okay with lying to the people who look to this site for guidance and telling them that this is an excellent company with room for growth because, not to burst your bubble ITS NOT. If you're in this mess, get out while you can.

Advice to Management

People join this company with integrity and morals, and you completely strip them of that. Those smart enough to get out do, and the rest get brain washed into believing what they're doing at TP is honest, good work. This company needs to be revamped from the inside out.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"The 'Positive' reviews on here are fake and created by their marketing department."

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at TransPerfect full-time

Pros

They work with a variety of clients.

Cons

I want to start off by letting any prospective employee know that I have been asked 3 times to write a positive review for this company on this site by my manager, but I will not lie for them on here. The 'great opportunity for growth' reviews are written by their marketing team.

I would not even call this company, a 'company' it is a scam and they are about two steps away from getting sued by a labor lawyer for their business practices.

Think you will ever be able to take a holiday? Forget it if you take this job. They give minimal holidays off, meaning Christmas Day (no Jewish holidays), Thanksgiving, New Years Day, and Fourth of July Day. All other holidays or days before or after the holiday you have to work. You are even expected to be by a computer on holidays to handle any last minute requests that come in.

Its a 'work hard, play hard' environment. This means you will be expected to work from 8 AM to 9 PM every night. Also, they sell 24/7 coverage to their clients, but guess who will covering 24/7? YOU. If you tell them you couldn't sign online, they take you into a conference room and scream at you.

They give you an unrealistic workload and never pay on any of the commission or bonuses they promise you. I never received one bonus that was promised to me in my interview and they screwed me out of commission on almost every job. The upper management team are all liars and criminals.

Advice to Management

Prospective Employees: Stay away from this company. There is a reason for all of the negative reviews. They prey on colleague graduates and promise you the world, but it's better to take your time and find a job that will actually be worth it (and pay more!)

Current Employees: Don't settle for the way you are treated. Let your clients know how management acts, spread the word.

Management: I'm not going to bother giving you advice because you know exactly what is going on with your employees.

"The Worst Company in the World"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at TransPerfect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a desk.
    And a chair.
    Nice coworkers to work with.

Cons

Working at this company wears you down little by little every day until you begin to value your self worth. Upper management should be utterly ashamed of themselves that they have created such a destructive and unhappy workplace for so many people based on fear and blame.

They offer no development opportunities at all and the "change" in job titles is usually in name only with the actual job not changing whatsoever. To even get a promotion, the statistic system used is completely flawed, with no transparency about how to achieve good scores and constantly changing targets (which I'm pretty sure is illegal).

The below-inflation pay raises are equally ridiculous - effectively taking a pay cut after a year of working hard is far from rewarding. Getting a bonus was just as hard - receiving just one negative feedback on a job wiping it out completely.

I have never met anyone in the company that actual likes working there, which is not a good long-term business model. When I spoke to someone in my new office, they mentioned that they sometimes use translation agencies. I asked which ones and they said SDL and TransPerfect - guess which one I told them not to use anymore?

Advice to Management

Learn to value staff, even slightly more. Stop putting fake reviews online.

Discover more reviews about TransPerfect.