TransPerfect - Some good people, horrible company | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "great opportunity to learn a lot from your project" (in 20 reviews)

• "TransPerfect has great people to work with" (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work life balance is straight up crap I can't even sugar coat that" (in 69 reviews)

• "Very long hours without compensation" (in 79 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Some good people, horrible company"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY
Current Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at TransPerfect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my team a lot. That's about it

Cons

What can i say that hasn't already been stated here in the other reivews? Read them, unfortunately, they're all true. I've met some great people here, guess how many of them are still at TPT, none. That should be enough for you.

If not, know that you will be treated like an idiot most of the time, talked down to by sales, yelled at by sales.

You're also told to be positive, no matter what. If you're a good performer, you'll get pulled into meeting rooms and repremanded if you complain about anything (like working until 10PM every night, not getting approved for reimbursements, being uncomfortably hot b/c they turn off the A/C in the summer or the sheer number of cockroaches crawling around the office).

Advice to Management

Nothing, they won't listen.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"5-Star Reviews Of This Company Must Be a PR Move"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator

I worked at TransPerfect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exposure to languages can be interesting and unique

Cons

At first I was excited to join TransPerfect- the pay seemed excellent, it was labeled as a Project Management role, which I was looking for, and I would get to work with languages, all of which sounded perfect. After a 2-week training period in which I didn't learn a single thing about my role, I then started receiving job-specific training from separate individuals with different opinions on how to do the work correctly. Management is there because they were the only ones who didn't quit, and so they have seniority (I'm serious). They are also very passive aggressive to their staff. While I was there we had zero contact from upper management and heard nothing from them regarding the company or the business plan. Non-management is a good group of people who are understaffed and overworked, which makes the compensation irrelevant. Salary is a dirty word here- while the bare minimum amount of expected hours/week is 45, you will likely work 60-80 hour weeks when things get busy, which can be frequent, especially because of the understaffing. Holidays are scarce and the 401K plan is absolutely terrible. From an ethical standpoint, they are also lying to their clients about project rates as a standard practice. While I made some good money at this position and the sheer amount of work volume did give me some solid experience, it was a very destructive culture, and I regret ever being employed there. I have theories about how this company is still in business, but at some point the extremely high turnover rate, ,the dishonesty to their clients and the lack of involvement from upper management will catch up to them in a big way. If you are looking for something that TransPerfect is offering, I would highly recommend looking at every other possible option first.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to establish some form of contact with the rest of the company.

"A growing company which is addressing change issues"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at TransPerfect full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great growth opportunity. Many changes in the last year have reduced turnover based on employee input. OPen door means access to all employees to all levels of mgt up to the CEOs. Great parties.

Cons

Still needs to work on internal processes. They're working on it but not there yet. Update the HQ environment. The operations and accounting staff are more focused on how they can't help you than resolving problems. Not inspiring when you work 60+ hours a week. The T&E policy is a joke. $15 meal allowance after working 12 hours. And you have to eat it at your desk?

Advice to Management

Keep on with the reforms you've done the past two years. Move into the present decade and provide a work environment which is employee friendly and something they can be proud of. We're making money as you tell us. Spend some of it on the place we work. It's overcrowded and needs to be updated. Employees love what they do so share the love.

Discover more reviews about TransPerfect.