TransPerfect - A growing company hell-bent on burn-and-churn employee treatment | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "great opportunity to learn a lot from your project" (in 20 reviews)

• "TransPerfect has great people to work with" (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work life balance is straight up crap I can't even sugar coat that" (in 69 reviews)

• "Very long hours without compensation" (in 79 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"A growing company hell-bent on burn-and-churn employee treatment"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY
Former Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at TransPerfect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing and I made some friends that I know will be life long contacts and this company provides a great insight into the translation business. It will give you the experience necessary to find a good job.

Cons

Working at Transperfect is a bit of a mixed bag as a Project Coordinator. You will love the people you work with and your manager, but you will hate working 12-14 hours per day. This company is the typical post-college modern day sweatshop that has a ridiculously high turnover because people eventually realize they can get jobs where they are respected and do not have to work 70+ hours per weak. This company typically hires kids out of college who don't know much better and make them feel like they are lucky to have the job. Overall, I cannot say that this was a positive experience in anyway. I feel that the only reason this position might be beneficial is when you realize your own potential and leave the company with some knowledge of the translation industry. In a recent interview with a translation company, a hiring manager looked at my resume and said "Transperfect huh? So how long did you work there? I am always interested to see what is the lowest number I can get." This company is a complete joke and is constantly obsessed with making more money at the expense of the health and motivation of their employees. This company is led by people who had almost never held another position anywhere else, and it is absolutely damning to the culture. It produces people who are content with being exploited and they try to impose that upon you as well. This company is a white collar sweatshop that has limited potential for growth. I would not recommend this company to any of my friends entirely because they can prove themselves in a company that actually recognizes success. They are quick to hire anyone because of their high turnover, so if you are a fresh graduate, please take the time to really consider this before accepting the first job offered to you.

Advice to Management

Please work on your work-life balance because you end up sacrificing quality of translations because of how much people end up despising this company. Many people who work for this company are often very dissatisfied and management never tends to listen to any review or complaints. Please address complains at an early stage and actually try to fix some of the things people complain about.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Growing opportunity but within the very stressful work environment"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at TransPerfect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Development opportunities within a big company with a relatively short history. Short ladder to an upper management.

Cons

Ridiculous salary, horrible compensation for hard work. Finger pointing work environment - in every situation, the company will find one person to take all the blames. Employees need to be prepared to protect themselves in every single situation. No appreciation for its employees nor forgiveness for any type of errors.

Advice to Management

Please do not make the employees feel that they are replaceable although they are in fact replaceable for you.

"There is a reason why the turnover is like a fast food company"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Newton, MA

I worked at TransPerfect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I gained good experience I take elsewhere (where I dont have to work 80 hours a week and am bullied)

Cons

It you are over the age of 35 bullied and ostracized by younger employees they hire out of college as they do not know any better about how people are to be treated...run in a high school clique fashion; unprofessional, abusive

Advice to Management

Stop running Crimson like its a high school clique. Learn to treat people with respect and how to talk to them

Discover more reviews about TransPerfect.