TransPerfect - Stay away | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "great opportunity to learn a lot from your project" (in 20 reviews)

• "TransPerfect has great people to work with" (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work life balance is straight up crap I can't even sugar coat that" (in 69 reviews)

• "Very long hours without compensation" (in 79 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Stay away"

Pros

Growing business, lots of potential in the sector but management does not prioritize the right needs

Cons

High turnover, poor management, low salaries

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Worst job I've ever had - so much happier since I quit. Wasted 3 years at TPT."

Former Employee - DBD
    Former Employee - DBD

I worked at TransPerfect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I made some great relationships with colleagues who are now my friends. Interestingly, none of them are still with TPT.

Cons

I cannot believe how the senior management team treats their employees. If you want to be looked down on, made fun of, and constantly criticized, this is the place for you. the senior leadership team seriously thinks they are a bunch of celebrities and act like it - refusing to talk to anyone other than themselves at social events, despite yelling at your manager the next day if you don't approach them and say hi. They will also do anything they can to somehow take over your accounts and give them to DBD's/DSA's that work under them so they collect the revenue for it.

Hours are absolutely horrible. You can expect to be e-mailed and called 24 hours a day, and if you don't respond to an e-mail within minutes, you get in trouble. You also have to send a "EOD" Report at the end of every work day - listing IN DETAIL what you did all day long. If your manager or a VP decides your "EOD" isn't good enough that day, they REPLY ALL and humiliate you in front of the entire company (the EOD report goes to the entire sales organization, right up to the CEOs).

I was at that company long enough to really understand how everything works behind the scene. I was lucky when I first started in that I reported to a VP who actually seemed to care about the people who worked under her. Unfortunately, she left the company after my first 2 years there and it all went downhill from there.

It's really sad how stressful and horrible the work environment has become, because the colleagues I worked with were some of the nicest people I've met. Unfortunately, we all bonded through the horrible stress we were put under by sr management. What's even more pathetic is that both Phil and Liz are very nice people and are very smart. I am shocked that they have let their sales organization turn into this circus.

If I can offer any advice, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE. I am serious when I say that I developed anxiety from working here. i've been in a new AMAZING job for 6 months, and I stlil have nightmares about getting e-mails from production at 3 am saying a project was never started. I still get nightmares that a VP responded to an EOD and yelled at me in front of the company. It is NOT worth it - and this is from someone who was making close to 6 figures as a DBD. It took a huge toll on my personal life - my boyfriend of 5 years was ready to leave me because this job was making HIM so miserable.

also, I recently heard from an employee that is still there that they have blocked the company from accessing glassdoor.com. So all of the positive reviews you've been reading are fake. They know how horrible it is to work there so the sr leadership have been tasked with creating positive fake reviews. This is a fact.

Advice to Management

You're all great sales people, but you are horrible leaders. You need to learn the difference and start treating employees with respect.

"Fast paced work environment, minimal compensation"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at TransPerfect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many opportunities to learn the profession.

Cons

Minimal compensation.
    High stress.
    High employee turnover.
    No organization company wide.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees more for their efforts.

Discover more reviews about TransPerfect.