TransPerfect - Great platform for financial success, performance based and a well run company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TransPerfect

"Great platform for financial success, performance based and a well run company."

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

Fun culture, lots of youth. Some nice perks in terms of travel and incentives. Great visibility into all aspects of the organization.

Cons

Very demanding on an individual basis. Always looking for more out of people, which can be stressful, but ultimately is in the best interests of the employee (and the company).

Other Employee Reviews for TransPerfect

"Not up to expectations"

Pros

Extravagant parties are thrown for employees through out the year
    Training takes place in corporate HQ in Manhattan, New York
    Even after all the bad, there are still a lot of wonderful people who work here. It seems that the ones who have stuck it out for at least a year are content where they are and have adjusted and they are pleasures to work with.

Cons

Okay, so first off I would be a little wary that there were maybe 6 or 7 'awesome' reviews all posted within a week in February and they all seem to be written similarly, but I digress. To tell you the truth, I was sold that this company would be a great opportunity, lots of room for growth and autonomy. But actually it's just the opposite.

The amount of micromanagement is horrible, senior management has their methods that they've been using for over a decade and who are you to offer a new idea? The work is incredibly repetitive and they expect you to work almost 10 hours a day minimum! On top of that, the compensation is definitely below industry standards. The amount of turnover with this company is unreal.

Honestly, if you are okay reporting to someone who is unprofessional and wants you to do exactly what they want you to do all day then sure this job is for you. If you're okay making cold calls for most of the day (no matter what they say a lot of this is cold calling) then it's not a bad job. The translation industry can be interesting, but is usually very repetitive and transactional. Don't be sold that this is a great opportunity, lots of room for advancement and autonomy, etc. This is a sales job, and you will be overworked and if you arent performing you will be gone.

If you're looking to find a job to develop as a professional and achieve career advancement and valuable skills, maybe look somewhere else. If you're looking to make phone calls and make below average pay, have fun.

Advice to Management

Wow maybe change the marketing strategies that you have had since 1995? Spend less money on sending out mailers (who opens their mail anymore anyways?) and more on supporting your sales staff. Also, enough with the favoritism, the company will never advance without new employees and new ideas coming into senior management positions, except of course if you come from the university of florida i guess.

2. "Excellent!"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

Pros

TransPerfect is a true meritocracy and completely focused on results. The people who consistently perform at a high level are consistently rewarded for their work. The only limitations are ones own level of energy and creativity. Over the last 7 years, I have leared more, made more money, and grown more as a professional than I had in my previous 10 years of work experience. The reasons why I have planted roots here are simple: The work is intellectually stimulating - there are always new tings to learn to stay ahead of the curve; My executive management team is 100% committed to my success; The people that I work with and for are not only colleagues, but also true friends.

Cons

People are successful at TransPerfect if they are self-directed to a large degree. People who are not by nature independent, goal driven and self-directed my find balancing their proirities a challenge