Transamerica - Good co-workers and wonderful support teams | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Transamerica

"Good co-workers and wonderful support teams"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Cedar Rapids, IA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Transamerica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Emphasis on work life balance in certain departments, freedom within your own job family, support teams.

Cons

Limited development opportunities, constant restructuring and re-organization. Many of the changes made a year ago are undone in the next year. "Doing more with less" to the point of wearing out employees.

Advice to Management

Work on making the work life balance true to all departments and think about changes - are they good for the company long term? Too many changes are done and then reversed under a year later.

Other Employee Reviews for Transamerica

"Worse pay even worse supervisors!!!"

Former Employee - Applications Analyst for AWD in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Applications Analyst for AWD in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Transamerica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None!! The company only looks out for the Upper Management. I worked for 6 years as an Applications Analyst, and only made $38,000/yr, and DOUBLED my salary by leaving, and taking a LATERAL position elsewhere. Was then BAD MOUTHED by my past supervisor after I left.

Cons

Worked for close to HALF of what the average salary is for an Applications Analyst. Had a supervisor who has now started to bad mouth me to potential employers causing me to almost not get a new job while unemployed. They don't communicate changes effectively either.

Advice to Management

Pay people what the rest of the world would pay them. I made $35,000/yr as an Applications Analyst, and DOUBLED my salary by leaving the company.

"Poor and Unprofessional Management"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Transamerica full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

OK benefits, decent pay, nice offices. Fellow employees are nice.

Cons

Management is poor and not very professional. Does not encourage high level thinking, passive aggressive and very preferential in treatment of certain employees. Systems are 20 years behind the times, using dot-matrix programs in some circumstances.

Advice to Management

Train your managers to professional, current standards. Consider Sigma Six or at least Series 7 for all managers. Found it confusing why all managers did not have some sort of certification. Promotions based on how long you have been with the company and which manager has the inside track. Procedures and process lack consistency and forethought.