Transamerica - Highly Satisfied! | Glassdoor

"Highly Satisfied!"

Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Denver, CO

I have been working at Transamerica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive work environment where most coworkers are willing to help work together as a team. Some management is asleep at the wheel but my manager is awesome!

Cons

You need to be willing to put in the daily effort to be successful. If you are not highly motivated to succeed or need constant encouragement from your manager you may become overwhelmed.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path you're following. Being honest with your clients and employees builds strong loyalty.

Other Employee Reviews for Transamerica

"Good work experience."

I worked at Transamerica part-time

Pros

Pros are benefits and autonomy.

Cons

Con is lack of culture.

"Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Transamerica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule at times, although your manager may schedule appointments at times that you are unaware of.
    Good health benefits

Cons

Training is virtually non-existent. It's a "learn by watching your boss do it" approach. There's no new-hire checklist or anything. You learn whatever your manager feels like showing you in whatever order he feels like showing you. When I asked questions, I was either told that it wasn't important or that I'd learn that later.
    The sales approach was old-school & pushy. And that was the only approach modeled. There was no role play or practice. My boss' excuse was that they didn't get any support when they started. Basically they felt that I was getting Way more help than they did so it should be good enough. Often, when I dared ask a question, I was reminded that no one ever showed them how to do that. They just figured it out because they were so smart.
    After a while, I just stopped asking questions.

They don't invest a lot of time or energy training new employees. It shows in turnover rates.

You would think that this was a Mom & Pop company & not a large corporation. Unless you Already know how to do this job, you should not apply.

Advice to Management

If you don't have some type of in-house training system in place, create it. If you do, make sure that it's being followed.
    General Managers should be more aware of what their Sales Managers are (or are Not) doing. I get the feeling that as long as numbers are good, anything goes. Then when the numbers drop, people are dumbfounded & surprised.
    Do temperature checks with new hires (if not everyone). If energy/morale is low, figure out why. Don't treat people as though they're expendable because when you do, they just might start acting like it.