Transport Corporation of America - Not sure what kind of program they're running over there. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Transport Corporation of America

"Not sure what kind of program they're running over there."

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Waterloo, IA
Former Employee - Truck Driver in Waterloo, IA

I worked at Transport Corporation of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent training, equipment, maintenance, middle management, mileage and customer base.

Cons

Upper management, inter_office communication, Tell the truth when a driver is expecting to return to work, don't string him/her along til FMLA is exceeded then tell them to re_apply only to say we don't think you are medically capable of doing your job even though the driver has clearance from the doctor to return to work!

Advice to Management

Be honest with drivers, share information between office staff.

Other Employee Reviews for Transport Corporation of America

"could be a lot better"

Current Employee - OTR DRIVER and TRAINER in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - OTR DRIVER and TRAINER in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Transport Corporation of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good starter company..to get your year or two years exp in...if your not married or have any bills good company to start with...decent trucks and trls..some good yards and some fair...

Cons

had to fight to get home for my home time...my dispatcher decided i didnt need any more advances so he on his own put in that i was to get no more cash advances..given a new truck and for 6 weeks couldnt shut it down due to elect short..so i was charged with the idle time even though i turned in my idle time request...so no bonus of any time...took over a year and a half before i was put up for pay review..almost lost my house 3 times due to no miles or low miles even after letting them know when i needed the miles...always talked about the yearly average not about what you were making or running for that week which is the following weeks payroll..was cussed out by night dispatch even though i did what they told me to do...fell off the truck and got hurt and was accused by dispatch of doing it on purpose..lol..right wanted a fractured skull and busted back...payroll saying they dont get your trips in for pay even though you have the trans flow date and time...they didnt care said they didnt get it so didnt pay till the following week so again almost lost the house...

Advice to Management

get your mind back on the drivers and their needs and not lineing your pockets with money...get rid of the truck stops that have no parking and no showers and put the ones back that did..thought driver comfort was your big concern..cant prove by what i have seen

"Good place"

Current Employee - OTR Driver in Janesville, WI
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in Janesville, WI

I have been working at Transport Corporation of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay,good people, will work with you on home time.

Cons

limited movement for drivers,mostly otr, reg or bust