Transtreme - Five years and still going strong! | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Five years and still going strong!"

Current Contractor - Nurse Practitioner in Temecula, CA
Current Contractor - Nurse Practitioner in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Transtreme as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule
Great compensation package
Plenty of time with patients
Great relationships with company staff
Great relationships with docs & patients
Plenty of advancement opportunities
Low stress, rewarding work
Great company parties during the year

Cons

Contract work carries no benefit package, but compensation is adjusted nicely to make up for that.

Advice to Management

Here’s to another 5 years!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Nurse Practitioner with this company for over 4 years"

Current Contractor - Family Nurse Practitioner in San Diego, CA
    Current Contractor - Family Nurse Practitioner in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Transtreme as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

This job allows me to practice as an NP in a less stressful environment and have more time with my patients. This job has also afforded me a more flexible schedule so I can have more quality time with my family w better pay than my previous NP jobs. There is much opportunity for growth and leadership within the company. Its a positive work environment and I feel my hard work is valued and appreciated. Its the best job I have ever had in my 25 yrs of practice .

Cons

I don't really see any cons, in most cases you don't write prescriptions and I see this as a plus! though I must say you should have good time management skills and good computer skills w this job

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees like family and they will continue to work hard for you ! Thank you!

"Great Place to work for..."

Current Contractor - Nurse Practitioner in San Diego, CA
    Current Contractor - Nurse Practitioner in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Transtreme as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I had been working for Transtreme for 2 1/2 months when a personal situation came about. I spoke with Rick, the CEO/Founder/NP as well as our CFO and lead NP. They could hear the panic in my voice. They gave me feedback, insight and most of all...compassion. At the end of it all, they reassured me and came out with a plan, that put me at ease and relieved the panic. I have been working as a NP for 23+ years, both in large group practices and small. I have never been treated so kindly and compassionately in my all my career. They had my back. They treated me as if I had been a long term employee, when in fact I was only on their payroll for 2 1/2 mos.

In terms of the work load.....It is different than the typical responsibilities that one may be accustomed to. You don't treat the patient or write prescriptions. You never need to call patients. You do a basic head to toe assessment, review their chart, perform neuropathy and vascular testing and make recommendations to their PCP. I don't come home stressed! You work at different clinics everyday, however towards the end of the fiscal year, you will be doing home visits. You see 8 patient's/day, one hour per visit. There is autonomy. You don't encounter the typical bureaucracy/drama/conflict that is encountered from traditional NP work. This is a 1099 job, it is not temporary or short lived. There is work year round, so you don't have to worry that there will be "down time", compared to competitor companies. The hourly wage is at the top of the scale and nothing to sneeze at. There is flexibility in your schedule, therefore excellent work/life balance. I am content on many levels....

Cons

Your skills may diminish as an NP since you will not be treating the patient or writing prescriptions. There are no benefits, however the "high end" hourly wage makes up for it

Advice to Management

Discover more reviews about Transtreme.