Travelers - Positive environment but hard to advance one's career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Travelers

"Positive environment but hard to advance one's career"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Richardson, TX
Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Richardson, TX

Pros

4 weeks paid vacation, affordable great benefits, positive work environment.

Cons

Hard to advance to other careers within Travelers. Micro managed on how time is used. Always have to watch what is said and done because big brother is watching every move made. In the sales department, it seems that calls are routed to select individuals, while the majority receive really bad calls with less opportunity to sell and bonus. Also different tiers where top performers receive more calls than others. The playing field is not the same for all which is wrong from an ethical standpoint and decreases morale for many of the sales rep's.

Advice to Management

Half of you do not have any sales experience & the one's that do need to stop pushing us to sell on value when we are $1k higher a year. No one cares about value with the bad economical times. If we want to provide value, lets make our product affordable and stop being so greedy.

Other Employee Reviews for Travelers

"Great opportunity for personal and professional growth"

Former Employee - Catastrophe Team Adjuster in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Catastrophe Team Adjuster in Houston, TX

Pros

This was a great opportunity to earn good money and to learn very much about insurance, writing building damage estimates, and building construction techniques. Most of my coworkers were very helpful and friendly. The job required substantial travel so this was also a great chance to collect hotel points, airline miles, and rental car points. The training offered at this company is excellent and continual.

Cons

Working on an insurance catastrophe team requires long hours every day away from home for weeks (or months) at a time. It can be difficult to be away from home for so long. The job stress could be very high sometimes. Avoid this job if you're afraid of heights (or if you're unwilling to face your fear of heights). Hail storms and windstorms are common types of catastrophes so looking at roof damage is a daily job requirement.

Advice to Management

No advice. I enjoyed my time on the catastrophe team and I felt appreciated and valued by management.

2. "There are great, genuine folks at Travelers."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Pros

The people at Travelers are wonderful. No one hesitates to drop their work to help others, even if they are not on the same team or division. It always felt like a community environment than co-workers.

Cons

Seeing how it is generally a conservative company, ideas that are "outside the box" tend to not be very receptive, especially with people who have been in the company for a long time.

Advice to Management

Increase marketing because the brand awareness is not there, even though it is such a great company that offers great products.