Travelers - Good for very junior, not for experienced, think twice before you come. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Travelers

"Good for very junior, not for experienced, think twice before you come."

Current Employee - Manager in Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Manager in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Travelers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good mentoring program and on-going training for junior professionals, some very good people in this field, but almost all gone in the past 4 years. It is actually a good place to pick up career fast and leave for even better place in about 2-3 years.

Cons

Working hard is recognized "verbally", but that's it. This company is not encouraging innovation, it is actually extremely conservative such that so many people just want to stay safe until retirement day and get their pension. Career advancement and financial rewards has 0 correlation with how good your work is. The compensation is OK for this particular industry, but not even comparable with other industries that can use my talents. I came from another industry and my current bonus still can't match what I got 4 years ago as a junior analyst. So, as some reviews said, think twice before join.

Other Employee Reviews for Travelers

"Overworked"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Hartford, CT

I worked at Travelers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The salary. That's about it. Trust me, you will have to work for it. Don't even think about taking vacation days.

Cons

Overwhelmed with work. Expected to travel but no backup handling things in the office. Constantly shifting management, priorities, and job duties. Poor communication.

Advice to Management

Manager told us a monkey could do this job in the middle of the meeting. Another manager sexually harassed a woman. Both are still employed there. This place is toxic.

"Too long to be in the same position"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Travelers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Fortune 200 company. Nice people who are loyal to the company

Cons

No work life balance. Travelers is a good company to work for but yet you get caught up in working hard for a possible bonus only to find out you aren't getting one! You could sit in the same position for years and thats a okay with management.

Advice to Management

Employees matter! Work harder to make everyone feel like you appreciate what they contribute and it doesn't have to always be in the form of money but even a simple kudos you are doing great. Keep yp the good work. That goes a long way.