Employee Review

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Loved it!

Sep 16, 2021 - Actuarial Intern in Saint Paul, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is so great.

Cons

There are no cons I had.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

associate account executive

Oct 14, 2021 - Travelers Insurance in Des Moines, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

benefits and compensation are competitive

Cons

standard large corporation issues. Slow moving.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Management...Wish I Never Left!

Oct 9, 2021 - Agency Program Manager in Spokane, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had many ups and downs in my years with Travelers but the management team never gave up on trying to help me find my way and coach me on how I could achieve the level of potential that they all saw. The hands on coaching approach that they have is truly designed to help employees develop and provides an environment where the employee has a chance to voice any concerns or opinions they might have. The management helps employees figure out what path they want to take within the company and then they do all they can to help you get there. Coaching is not always the most comfortable experience but if you are open to feedback and are willing to act on that feedback then it really becomes an invaluable tool that you will benefit from within Travelers or any other company you might go on to work for. I loved working there and am very sad that I left for what I thought would be a better opportunity...boy was I wrong!

Cons

I don't have a lot of cons because things that I once had seen as negative actually weren't in the long run. The main reason I left was the promise of making more money and being exposed to other commercial carriers and lines of business. The other con I have would be the amount of work that started being offshored, although sending that work overseas ultimately allowed for employees the chance to work on more challenging projects.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Travelers.