Travelocity - Vice President | Glassdoor

"Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in Southlake, TX
Current Employee - Vice President in Southlake, TX

Pros

Long term employees help engender a sense of family. Being a part of the Sabre family conveys opportunities to grow within a large corporation.

Cons

Every time we add a new executive they seem to want to re-invent the wheel - usually through re-orgs, lay offs, and such. Cut the fat at a business unit level now. Preserve talent to retreat to a cash cow position. Give up the Google fight and find a profitable niche for a well run company. (e.g. bank loyalty programs)

Advice to Management

You add to the consumer site one customer at a time (they are promiscuous). You add customers to the TPN sites 10M customers at a time (they are loyal). Are you a B2C or a B2B2C company?

Other Employee Reviews for Travelocity

"I love working at Travelocity- I believe in our leader and the team under him to turn our company around!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Southlake, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Southlake, TX

Pros

They believe in work- life balance like no other company I have worked for.
    Even though we work hard, this place is always fun and feels like a serious my second home.
    The leaders care about their people and show it in many ways
    Everyone here is a team.. and I mean everyone!

Cons

Some of our systems we use to do certain things such as IT problems and other things could be a litle less tedious. That is my only complaint!

"What happened to this company?"

Current Employee - Principal in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Principal in Dallas, TX

Pros

Good Vacation time. Salary not great but ok. Nice People in general.

Cons

Massive layoffs annually and record morale problems make this once glorious company now a distant 4th place in the space. The Gnome alone cannot save Travelocity, It needs smart nimble thinkers to get it to the next level and I don't see much light at the end of the tunnel.

Advice to Management

Stop following Expedia and go create something worthy. Empower your people more- They have passion (or they did). My hope is it's not too late.