Treyarch - I learned a lot, but I would never do it again. | Glassdoor

"I learned a lot, but I would never do it again."

Former Employee - Associate Producer in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Treyarch full-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned more in my first 6 months than most people learn in years about the gaming industry. As an Associate Producer, I was put in charge of games nearly right away with a minimal of oversight. If you do well, you'll quickly get the opportunity to assist/lead multiple titles at a time. You'll get the opportunity to provide input and opinions on high profile titles as well.

Cons

The hours and crunch will...be...brutal. My first year, I put in 4 months of 6-7 days per week crunch (10-14 hour days early on, ramped up to 12-16 hour days near releases). My second year, I crunched nearly non-stop for 7 months, including more than a few monstrous 24+ hour marathon shifts. Due to the fact that my off-site developers and vendors were everywhere from East Europe to China, I was constantly working... off hours to set up conference calls at any time of the day or night. Due to the location in Minnesota, wages are not competitive to the rest of the industry. Pay and work/life balance are both common complaints from within this studio. The culture can be very aggressive and the humor can be quite scathing, even more than other gamedevs/publishing studios.

Treyarch2012-07-19

Other Employee Reviews

"Very happy to work here"

I have been working at Treyarch full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people, great benefits, great work.

Cons

Lots of overtime in shipping years.

Treyarch2019-02-27
  2. "Was ok"

Former Contractor - Quality Assurance

I worked at Treyarch for less than a year

Pros

stocked kitchen, cool people, good location.

Cons

Long hours, but hey that's how the business goes.

Treyarch2019-03-13

Discover more reviews about Treyarch.