Treyarch - Not bad | Glassdoor

"Not bad"

Pros

Get to work on call of duty

Cons

Get to work long hours

Advice to Management

Better communication

Other Employee Reviews for Treyarch

"Testers are a dime a dozen"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Tester
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Tester

Pros

Casual dress code
    Consistent work load
    I don't have much more positives than that. I was hired as a contract employee 3 years in a row with the possibility of being taken on full time dangled in front of me constantly. After realizing that wasn't a possibility and that it wasn't happening for any of the other contract employees, I realized it was time to get out.

Cons

60+ hour work weeks
    Was let go at the end of my contract 3 years in a row (with everyone else in the department). There was no skills assessment or review of any type. The only way to know that you were doing well enough was if you were rehired the following year. Management looks for warm bodies to fill seats rather than keeping telent around.

2. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Senior Writer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Writer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Treyarch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Treyarch for about 3 months now and cannot recommend it strongly enough. The studio has a very positive vibe. I've yet to meet anyone here who I have any friction with, which is amazing for a studio this size. Considering how big and important Call of Duty is, I expected a more pressure-filled environment but the work environment is surprisingly relaxed. Also, the financial success of the game means that the studio has the resources to really take care of employees. My salary is generous enough that moving to L.A. hasn't been financially scary. The relocation benefits made moving easier than any relocation I've had before (and I've had a few!). Everyone, right up to the Studio Head, is very approachable. And being located within walking distance of Activision HQ makes our relationship with our parent company close and productive. HR Department took great care of me from Day 1. So far, this is shaping up to be the best job I've ever had -- and I'm 50 so I've had a lot of work experiences before, both good and bad, to compare it to. Finally, the fact that the studio has such a successful track record and firm financial footing means that I'm not worried about the studio faltering, which is nice for a change! Oh, and Santa Monica is beautiful.

Cons

Every place has some downside, and I'm sure Treyarch must, too. I just honestly haven't encountered a Con yet at this place.