TriWest Healthcare Alliance - TriWest is a place you can go to work every day knowing what you do makes a difference in the lives of others. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TriWest Healthcare Alliance

"TriWest is a place you can go to work every day knowing what you do makes a difference in the lives of others."

Former Employee - Senior Contract Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Senior Contract Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

In general, the people at TriWest's corporate office, from clerks to upper management, really care about serving the military personnel and their families, they are respectful and caring to eachother, and strive toward fairness. Work is streamlined for efficiency not only to make getting the job done quickely and with the highest quality, but to make the employees job easier.

Cons

There are a lot of retired and former military personnel working at TriWest so the communication flow is often guarded and slow. Information could be shared more readily and less of a "top down" management style to more employee involvement in the decision making and idea sharing process.

Advice to Management

Invest more into your employees professional growth and formal education. People who stay at TriWest do seem to become stagnant because the get too comfortable and maybe even board. Challange people more and get them involved in decision making and you'll see production, quality and job satisfaction sky rocket!
Diversify the company portfolio for pofit and growth or face becoming stagnant and non-existant. Get into the Medicare market if you want to survive, no...thrive in the long run.

Other Employee Reviews for TriWest Healthcare Alliance

1. "Could be a Great place to work...if there was better communication."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

Pros

The main benefit of this company are the wages paid, as they are a bit higher then most companies in this industry. Another nice thing is the lack of of a written attendance policy, it is an "invisible" policy that only management has and so if your manager likes you it will never be held against you.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments, as a customer service rep it is hard to provide the "anything it takes service" when we are not given all the information needed to do this. Lack of cooperation from leads and management with regards to assisting service reps.

Advice to Management

Initiate better communication between departments, so that the people who do the hardest and most stressful job can do it well and with more efficiency.

"Doing Whatever It Takes will ultimately kill you"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

The mission is good supporing the military beneficiaries.

Cons

There is no work/life balance. This place will work you to the bone. In fact they are now complaining about the healthcare costs going up but people are so stressed out they are getting sick and using their health care benefits. I'm in management - my Director and VP are micro-managers, terrified to allow managers to do their job. The hourly staff are disrespectful, have an entitlement attitude and frankly most are not that intelligent. This company has the worst HR dept. I've ever encountered. Vague or no policies and no support to managers. I can't wait to leave. And I do not think this company will get the next DOD contract anyway.

Advice to Management

Get a new HR VP who knows what they are doing. Treat your middle managers with respect and remember we are employees too. The focus is keeping the hourly employees happy at any cost and treating managers like slaves, while the directors and VPs act like the elite. We are always given projects as the last minute with no warning and it has to be done yesterday which angers the hourly folks. This is a reactive environment with very little creative thinking, pretty much modeled after the military and government way of doing things. I've had it. I need to work in the commercial world again. I'm gone as soon as I find another position - I will check out the next company more carefully to find out how they treat management.