TriZetto - Exhausted | Glassdoor

"Exhausted"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at TriZetto full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, probably the only reason many people stay

Cons

Not enough resources. Trizetto is killing people who are not going to stay when they can go elsewhere, maybe make more money and work normal hours
Too many managers and VP's and not enough workers!!

Advice to Management

Why do we need a manager for 1 or 2 people?? What is the rationale for that?

Other Employee Reviews for TriZetto

"Unrealistic Expectations"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at TriZetto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good opportunity to travel, but the best gigs get snatched up by senior consultants
    - Great people to work with, best in the business
    - Ability to lead at any level, clients look up to you
    - New office location in Denver is great, and good efforts to maintain employee health
    - Self Starters will succeed here

Cons

- Benefits package leaves much to be desired, health insurance is expensive for a Health Care IT company
    - Salaries are exempt from overtime, expect to work upwards of 75-90 hour weeks when traveling to client locations. Overtime benefits the company through billable hours, but not you.
    - Unrealistic client expectations, I have a life and refuse to be under house arrest 24/7
    - Unlimited PTO policy actually means you rarely will take PTO. It's scrutinized, tracked, and you're discouraged from taking more than 10 days/year. I wasn't able to take PTO at all due to unrealistic client expectations.
    - Lack of TriZetto management involvement in technical teams executing client contracts. Direct reports are aware of what's going on, but have ZERO power to alter or change anything. Upper management is weak, and completely segregated and "hands off" on the work employees are doing.
    - There is no synergy here, NONE.
    - Having Consultants manage ourselves is great, but in order to do so effectively, we need actual management authority, senior advisory consultants and technical directors who are still billable consultants, yet have direct reports, need to be given time to manage their employees' careers. I never received feedback from anyone at TZ regarding my work during my time there.
    - It's all about billable hours, as long as you are billable to a client project, submit your timesheets accurately weekly, you'll never hear from management, unless you raise a stink, or quit.
    - The bonus plan is such a mess of mad statistics. Assume you will receive no bonus and negotiate on base salary alone.

Advice to Management

- The multiple levels of abstraction between TriZetto management, and your employees who execute your plans needs to be eliminated.
    - Take some time to get management on track with what employees are expected of from our clients. With everyone so spread out, get teams together at least 2x a year, on the company dime if necessary. With the extreme lack of team identity, and such a chaotic work environment, your employees will forget what they're fighting for and either burn out or leave the company, or both.

"So much potential wasted by overly ambitious, misguided management."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at TriZetto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked the people I worked with a great deal.

Cons

Politics was a blood sport there. Upper management started a crusade against the managers who were there before APAX bought Trizetto. So many great leaders were fired, or quit, only to be replaced by those willing to support the new regime, whether they had the abilities to lead or not. Never in my life have I heard the term 'throw them under the bus' so much in my life from my manager. A climate of fear resulted where everyone was terrified of being fired for the smallest mistake. NOTE: I left a couple of weeks after Trace Devaney started with the company, so these comments are not directed at him but the my division's president and VPs.

My job, as well as many others, was outsourced to India in 2010. Those who were losing their jobs were high-fiving each other, while those keeping their jobs were upset. I can't think of a better was to illustrate how low morale was at the time I left. It actually turned out to be the best thing to happen to my career in a long time.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees and treat them as human beings. They will be more likely to go the extra mile for you if they are happy in their jobs. A climate of fear doesn't do anyone any good.