Triage Consulting Group - Excellent people coupled with leadership experience make Triage a great place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Triage Consulting Group

"Excellent people coupled with leadership experience make Triage a great place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work environment is non-competitive. Employees are intelligent, engaging, and fun to be around!

Cons

The work can be monotonous.

Other Employee Reviews for Triage Consulting Group

"Boring work--nice people"

Former Employee - Experienced Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Experienced Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Triage Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- you will make legitimate friends here at work
    - travel benefits
    - fun culture

Cons

- work is super boring and not very challenging, unless you call figuring out why Access isn't working challenging.....
    - company motto is " don't reinvent the wheel" which has led to the company using super old technology
    - change isn't really welcome
    - there is a lot of politics, people taking credit for other people's work
    - evaluation are usually them raising up issues that don’t matter (you didn't look happy enough with food you were served a a team event, you forgot to put a space after a comma in a report, etc) rather than actual hard contributions you made to a project
    - they expect you to be happy all the time, smiling and being happy all day while you are on hold on the phone for 80% of your day listening to terrible hold music is kind of hard to do...

Advice to Management

- incentivize your employees so they aren't complacent -a lot of people have the mindset of "What's the least amount of work I need to do to get promoted?" and most of the time it's these complacent individuals who get promoted.
    - hire diverse people, I see that you are working on it, but it can be better
    - people literally can't afford to live in the city (student loans + rent + food + commuting) with the pay you offer- I know the you say that we aren't competing with the tech industry, but we kind of are when it comes to cost of living.
    - recruit outside intelligence for higher roles in the company. For many managers/principals this is their first and only job which means very little info comes from outside the company.

Triage Consulting Group Response

Dec 4, 2014 – HR Director

We are constantly striving for improvement, so thank you for your feedback. You touched upon diversity which is important to us. Because we’ve expanded our recruiting efforts to a wide range of ... More

"Very happy I chose Triage right out of college! Hope to stay for a long successful career!"

Current Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-associates get to work on 3 projects during their first year so they get to learn a lot and experience many different seniors and managers. The management is all VERY helpful and very good at showing new hires how to succeed and provide them the skills to be successful.
    -great work life balance
    -FUN culture!
    -the Atlanta office principals are wonderful. Sean Alavi is hands down the best boss one can ever have and truly cares about each employee
    -if employees decide to leave Triage, they find no trouble getting interviews for top consulting companies such as Deloitte and E&Y. Once employees reach Senior level, they are highly desirable and have a ton of knowledge and gained so many management skills
    -Most are very receptive to feedback and feedback is taken highly into consideration
    -opportunity to travel and the employees are all fun and always willing to explore the cities you are traveling in and make the most of any experience.
    - lots of events and happy hours planned so always something to look forward to!

Cons

Sometimes the work can be boring, but that comes with any job when you are starting. Right off the bat, you cannot be given responsibilities of a senior associate.
    Your projects determine a lot of your experience. However, Triage is great at hiring fun, talented people who help turn less lucrative projects into interesting ones nonetheless.
    Most of the employees are hired right out of school so many are expecting to love every second of the work-However, that isnt the case for any job and unfortunately, no one tells you this when you are having a rough day. Ultimately, you just have to work through the more monotonous days to get more responsibilities and more fulfilling tasks.
    niche market; however, very transferable leadership and management skills

Advice to Management

Help new hires and associates get some interaction or knowledge into the client during their time in this role so they no what opportunities await them as a senior. Many days as an associate can be monotonous so knowing what hard work and time can result in, will help motivate them and commit them more to the work and company.
    -more travel projects or opportunities
    -more opportunities to work remotely to make up hours lost during travel