Tribune Media Services - Satisfactory employment; family-oriented environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tribune Media Services

"Satisfactory employment; family-oriented environment."

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

Pros

Tribune Media Services is a well-established company offering global opportunities in various fields. The application development teams are always at the cutting edge of data gathering, management and distribution. The systems teams are deployed company wide, supporting e-mail and communications on a corporate level. The management team maintains close relationships with its employees with an open door policy. The company is mobile, moving from print to Internet models in a strategic manner. Because the company is owned by Tribune Company, all planning is made not only for short term gains, but also long term prosperity. General moral within the company is high. The company still reflects a family-oriented environment.

Cons

The parent company often weighs down progress and mobility of the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your employees. Continue to keep TMS at the cutting edge of technology.

Other Employee Reviews for Tribune Media Services

"TMS is a great place to begin a career!"

Current Employee - Broadcast Editor in Queensbury, NY
    Current Employee - Broadcast Editor in Queensbury, NY

Pros

With the job I have, I'm able to work evening hours, wear a casual wardrobe to work and I'm given my time and space to work as I need to. I feel respected and valued as a member of my team and I've never once doubted my manager or assistant manager in any of their manjor decisions affecting me.

Cons

My hours can be kind of late, which impedes a bit on my social life. The job I do is slightly monotonous as well.

Advice to Management

I would say that they do a great job of being open and communicative with their staff. They take the time to listen to our concerns. I've never written to my manager without hearing back, and I really appreciate that.

2. "News Writer"

Pros

It's an established company in a major market

Cons

There is no chance of promotion from within. Great talent walks because there are no promotions or raises. Management offers no feedback on your performance. The CEO is trying different ways to survive in this changing media industry but it appears his ideas aren't working too well. Health benefits are very expensive