Trifacta - One of the best startups to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Trifacta

"One of the best startups to work for"

I have been working at Trifacta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tons of smart people, energetic and innovative environment. It's hard not to learn something new every day working there. The founders while academics are surprisingly easy to interact with.

Cons

None so far. The company is still in initial stages.

Advice to Management

Keep rocking on!

Other Employee Reviews for Trifacta

"impressive progress"

I have been working at Trifacta full-time

Pros

My top reason to work for Trifacta is that I can collaborate with smart, friendly and motivated co-workers every day on creating a new way to work with data (which is a hard & fun problem with the potential of having a large impact). In the past year or so, I've seen things change in a very positive way. Our execution has vastly improved, our product has achieved product-market fit, our go-to-market is more target and successful, and the market is getting more mature. I'm more confident than ever before that we have an great shot at winning a significant, growing market.

Cons

Trifacta is a growing startup, and things change. Such changes are always hard, because they mean that Trifacta was different one or two years ago, and some people are leaving because of that. While I believe that such changes are natural for a growing startup, they can be painful and there's a risk that the direction of the changes is not always positive.

Advice to Management

For most parts, keep doing what you're doing. Try to understand how the Trifacta culture has changed and align hiring new employees and retaining existing employees with that in mind.

2. "Best internship experience!"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Trifacta as an intern

Pros

- Providing incredible perks as a start-up company: free lunch, unlimited snacks, gym membership, you name it.
    - Great people! Top-notch engineers sitting next to me and always pause whatever they are doing to help me. Interns are treated seriously as full-time employees.
    - Transparency: They held 101 sessions for interns lead by the heads from each department introducing their day-to-day jobs and sharing visions. Such experience and knowledge is something I never gained from my previous internships. The company held weekly all-hands meetings letting all employees be fully aware of how well the company runs.
    - Sense of achievements: Interns are not assigned boring minor jobs nobody cares. We are assigned the most challenging tasks and given sufficient guidance from engineers, PMs, designers. Most importantly, our codes are no jokes and are shipped in the real product.
    - No bureaucracy: top executives sitting next to us, and even an intern can easily have one-on-one talk with anyone in the company: CEO, VP, Founders, etc. And of course, they are all super nice people to know and have tons of wisdom to share.

Cons

Five-star company. Nothing to complain about.

Advice to Management

Trifacta is not an average company that builds and sells products, but with a strong ambition of reshaping the ways people treated the dirty data. What surprises me is that every employee here, not just founders and managers, but software engineers, sales, tech support, has a clear vision and alway thinks about how she/he can contribute to the growth of the company. You have a great team and are in the right track. Keep doing this and I am sure something big will happen very soon!