Trifacta - One of the best startups to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Trifacta

"One of the best startups to work for"

I have been working at Trifacta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tons of smart people, energetic and innovative environment. It's hard not to learn something new every day working there. The founders while academics are surprisingly easy to interact with.

Cons

None so far. The company is still in initial stages.

Advice to Management

Keep rocking on!

Other Employee Reviews for Trifacta

"impressive progress"

I have been working at Trifacta full-time

Pros

My top reason to work for Trifacta is that I can collaborate with smart, friendly and motivated co-workers every day on creating a new way to work with data (which is a hard & fun problem with the potential of having a large impact). In the past year or so, I've seen things change in a very positive way. Our execution has vastly improved, our product has achieved product-market fit, our go-to-market is more target and successful, and the market is getting more mature. I'm more confident than ever before that we have an great shot at winning a significant, growing market.

Cons

Trifacta is a growing startup, and things change. Such changes are always hard, because they mean that Trifacta was different one or two years ago, and some people are leaving because of that. While I believe that such changes are natural for a growing startup, they can be painful and there's a risk that the direction of the changes is not always positive.

Advice to Management

For most parts, keep doing what you're doing. Try to understand how the Trifacta culture has changed and align hiring new employees and retaining existing employees with that in mind.

"Great Team Working on Really Hard Stuff"

I have been working at Trifacta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Challenge - I have worked for a few software companies. Trifacta is the first one that is introducing new technology, philosophy, best practices and thought leadership into a new and emerging space. This is very hard stuff to do. If you're looking for a very fast-paced challenge......Trifacta has it.

2) People - THe magnitude and difficulty of Trifacta's challenge requires really smart, hard-working and experienced people who enjoy working together. This is Trifacta. We're not afraid to fail and we move heaven and earth when we do.

3) Customers - Plain and simple, Trifacta's customers are the big leagues of enterprise Software customers and the big drivers in big data analytics and reporting.

Cons

1) Emerging Market - THe big data space is still young. It moves glacially and is often very loosely defined. While it offers an enormous future....it still has to be endured in its present state.

2) Startup Life - Trifacta is a startup. If you're expecting super-polished product with 1000's of customers and an enormous HR department....look elsewhere. If you want a startup with major major potential and upside with the most potent team on the planet....look no further.

Advice to Management

1) Focus - Just because the space is loosely defined does not mean Trifacta can't be hyper-focused on the task at hand. Stay focused.