Trilogy Financial - Financial Services isn't for everyone!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Trilogy Financial

"Financial Services isn't for everyone!!!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Trilogy Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Financial Services industry is a very difficult one to be in. The turnover is high as most new advisors fail due to having unrealistic expectations about what it really means to be a financial advisor. The hours are long, the highs are very high as the lows are very low and it will take you a long time to develop a successful, lucrative practice. You need to do a lot of research before you decide to enter this field but if you do, this is the best company to work for. The support you get toward staying educated and providing advice in building your business is second to none. If you work hard, listen well, stay patient and learn the practices that Trilogy has proven to work, you will succeed. However, that success WILL NOT come overnight.

Cons

The downsides are unique to working in the financial services business and really are no different from company to company. Anyone who tells you differently is mis-guided or mis-informed. Being and advisor is hard work, takes a long time and it doesn't come easy to anyone. It's commission based so there really is no salary to speak of so you're going to have to work hard and meet with a lot of people to make a decent income. They provide a starting salary option at first but it isn't a living wage but it is not designed to be such. It is designed to provide a minimum safety net and allow you to build your business while having something small on which to fall back. If you want to find a cushy job with a nice salary that doesn't require a lot of work, don't bother applying here. But if you want to work hard, help people and create a profitable business for yourself in the future, come talk to us!

The health insurance is fine. The 401(k) doesn't have a match. A match would be nice but you're an advisor, it's your job to plan accordingly. There are ownership options upon advancement within the company but it isn't super lucrative until you've been there and been a good producer for a significant period of time.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of different managers that have a lot of different personalities that cater well to different types. Make sure that the new reps are paired with the right people for their personality and continue to provide a positive environment.

Other Employee Reviews for Trilogy Financial

"Do not waste your time here."

Current Employee - Financial Planner in West Covina, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Planner in West Covina, CA

I have been working at Trilogy Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the coworkers were nice people.

Cons

The company is a revolving door - they are "Hiring" every month, and just using you to get to your friends and family so they can sell them something. Turnover is tremendous, and seems to be part of the business plan. They have no actual marketing, just more "Hiring" in order to access your friends.

Advice to Management

When you lie to people to get them to work for you, it doesn't work out in the long run. Denying that you lied just makes it worse.

"Great Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Trilogy Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I'm in my 10th year with the company and its a great place to work. I have a wonderful work/life balance. Have had some great times on company rewards trip, and I just really enjoy being a financial planner.

Background I started here at 24, and worked hard and was quickly promoted to Vice President in under 2 years.

Cons

Working in the financial services industry isn't for everyone. But if you are going to do it, this is the place to be. My only issue is that I live roughly 26 miles from 3 of our offices. This is more of a personal issue. Also have some benefits its relatively easy for me to get to 3 offices and see clients from a wide area.