Trinity Industries - It payed the bills | Glassdoor

"It payed the bills"

Former Employee - Material Control in Cartersville, GA
Former Employee - Material Control in Cartersville, GA

Pros

i was able to get overtime usually anytime I needed it. And the work was never usually to hard to do.

Cons

Noone ever knew what was going on. You might come in one day and do one thing, and then undo it all the next.

Other Employee Reviews for Trinity Industries

1. "Good place to learn but pay isn't competitive enough to keep seasoned employees"

Former Employee - IT Area in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - IT Area in Dallas, TX

Pros

Good team culture. Management is understanding of time off needed. Great place to learn advanced technologies for the willing employee. Training is offered although tough to get.

Cons

Pay is not isn't competitive enough to keep seasoned employees. It is hard to stay when any job offer a person gets will probably be a lucrative raise. The vacation policy is very strange. It amounts to one week vacation the first year of employment depending on what month a person starts. It is a business casual environment but the dress code is strict. Jeans are not allowed.

Advice to Management

More competitive salaries would go a very long way to creating lifers. People want to work there but employees are forced to leave for monitary reasons.

2. "I am satisfied with my current level of employment"

Current Employee - Operator C in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Operator C in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

A very fair company. No union means no union dues and the company treats it's employees fairly and with a sense of respect. Good hours. Company issued personal protective gear including annual safety boots.

Cons

I am currently having some difficulty finding requirements for advancement to next operator level. This appears to be an issue with a number of employees not just myself. I intend to persue the matter, though, and expect that I will be able to get satisfactory results.