Trinity River Authority of Texas - Slow paced work environment with below average pay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Trinity River Authority of Texas

"Slow paced work environment with below average pay."

Current Employee - Instrument Technician in Ferris, TX
Current Employee - Instrument Technician in Ferris, TX

I have been working at Trinity River Authority of Texas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady Employment with almost no risk of layoff.

Cons

Pay is below the geographical average for the same positions.

Other Employee Reviews for Trinity River Authority of Texas

"Good people, old school management"

I have been working at Trinity River Authority of Texas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work with some wonderful people. Great pension plan.

Cons

Micromanagement and politically charged atmosphere make it difficult to do my job sometimes.

Advice to Management

Let professionals do their job and don't micromanage.

"Toxic management, low pay, high turnover"

Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Livingston, TX
    Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Livingston, TX

I worked at Trinity River Authority of Texas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great coworkers that are in non management low level positions. That are blue collar workers

Cons

I worked in accounting/finance at TRA lake Livinston Dam for over 31 years. After the retirement of the longtime GM in 2012, I watched a once prominate caring company deteriorate before my eyes. A once structured and well operated company with very little turnover became a revolving door to new employees that really got to see the real office politics, the chaos of upper management and how the "Good Ole Boy" organization operated. I watched the new management pushed senior employees, that built this company, to the curb. I personally suffered relentless retaliation, discrimination and was overlooked and passed over and held back because I didnt play the political games. I watched as they hired outside of TRA an underqualified applicant over me and then I was expected to train them. I was a senior employee, a go to person and highly skilled in my field. I tried to talk to management going through the chain of command but because I spoke out I was blacklisted and any career advancement ruined. Upper management is greedy, untrained and uncaring of thier employees. Thier salary scale is way below national average. Longtime employees with many years of working knowledge mean nothing to this company anymore. Never in my 31 year of employment would I have thought that I would witness the downfall of a once great company. I wanted to finish out my long tenure with TRA but it became unbearable to watch untrained, unqualified with no experience employees promoted above me. Lake Livingston Dam project promoted custodians over a 31 year seasoned employee and when I left LLP I made 17.59 an hour after 31 years. That alone shows you the retaliation. Please take these words of advice and pass TRA by.

Advice to Management

My advice to Upper Management .....you need to be trained monthly on the art of managing. Stop protecting your lower level management and relise it only takes one bad manger to cause a loss of moral and production and cause great employees to flee. You have destroyed this organization by not caring and not listening to your employees. You can't keep good employees with your toxic managing skills. You are weak, soft and a embarrashment to Mr. Vance's legacy. Retire!