Trion Worlds - Good company | Glassdoor

"Good company"

Former Employee - Copywriter in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Copywriter in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Trion Worlds part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had an excellent work environment with passionate people, several of whom are still friends with me today.

Cons

Future outlook of the company is a little uncertain after End of Nations wasted huge portions of their budget.

Advice to Management

Don't keep contractors waiting for so long. I hated spending 15 months never knowing if I was going to get brought on or not.

Other Employee Reviews for Trion Worlds

"Lots of potential killed due to arrogance"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Trion Worlds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The projects were interesting and company had good financing. Some smart people worked there.

Cons

The people in charge of the Rift team were arrogant and refused to take work from our shared tech "platform" which was going to make creating MMOs a lot easier and cheaper. They wanted to do it all themselves. Eventually everybody working on the platform team left Trion. Lots of talent was lost.

Advice to Management

Listen to your talent everywhere, not just in Redwood

2. "A great company to work for with a lot of opportunities on the horizon"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Austin, TX

I have been working at Trion Worlds full-time

Pros

- Casual atmosphere. Overall, the office is laid back and fairly positive environment. If there is an actual dress code, I haven't heard any mention of it. Office politics are kept to a minimum (at least in the Austin office--though I've heard different things about our Redwood City headquarters). The attendance policy is fairly lenient compared to most customer service positions and if you get let go for attendance issues, you honestly have nobody to blame but yourself. Obviously crunch times can change any office dynamic, but overall it's a pleasant place to work 5 days a week.

- Free food, and lots of it. We generally have bagels/breakfast tacos once a week and every Friday is Ice Cream Friday. We also have unlimited sodas and a multitude of snacks available in the break room. We also have a variety of food trucks that serve breakfast and lunch at our office location throughout the week. If you're ever near the area, I highly recommend grabbing a Little Fatty's BBQ Pork gordita. Delicious. The only thing better might be Chi'lantro's Kimchi fries.

- Office location is convenient with many amenities. In addition to the food trucks that come to our office site, we also have a gym with showers, an outdoor basketball court, frisbee golf, and an outdoor beach volleyball court. There is also a masseuse that comes to the office lobby every so often. The location feels safe and even the custodial staff on site are friendly.

- Opportunities for career growth. Trion Worlds offers a lot of opportunities for career growth within the company as long as you have the right attitude. I have seen many agents get their foot in the door in Customer Service and have received the option to pursue additional career opportunities in fields such as game development, QA, or community relations. Many companies don't offer advancement opportunities outside of their customer-facing roles, and I admire Trion Worlds for breaking that mold.

- Competitive wages with standard benefits. While the benefits package is nothing to gawk over, it's nice having a job that pays their agents well enough that they can live comfortably. An agent that's less likely to stress over their finances is less likely to let that negativity follow them to the office. If that's not enough, you can at least get a discount at 24 hour fitness so you can work off all those Klondikes you ate on Ice Cream Friday.

- Working for a company that innovates in ways that others cannot. With the upcoming release of Defiance, it's easy to see that Trion Worlds really thought outside of the box with their upcoming release. A television show integrated with a video game is something that has never been done before and brings a whole new meaning to cross-media entertainment. No other company in this industry has taken strides to revolutionize the entertainment industry quite like Trion Worlds and this kind of innovation is without a doubt what will secure Trion's future in the entertainment industry.

Cons

- Really, the only con might be the position itself. Working in Customer Service can be daunting and can sometimes cause agents to become jaded rather quickly.