TripAdvisor - Tedius | Glassdoor

"Tedius"

Former Employee - Intern in Newton, MA
Former Employee - Intern in Newton, MA

Pros

Great pay compared to other summer jobs
Good location
Free lunch and snacks
Ping pong table, socializing
Very flexible times

Cons

Very repetitive work
Uses external staffing groups to organize payroll

Advice to Management

Not my position to give feedback on this.

Other Employee Reviews for TripAdvisor

"Sounded good during pre-hire"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Pros

The benefits are good and salary is a bit above normal for average positions. On surface, they appear to care about quality of your work environment and present growth may interfere with that and is understandable when it suffers a bit. If you are an engineer you are all set here.

Cons

A lot of unprofessional "blame gaming" going on with management and departments.
    Honestly some of the most unfriendly/hostile management I've ever encountered. The HR people who should be the nicest are some of the worst! Apparently it is more important to blame than it is to assess and resolve problems. I'm seeing some good people take pressure for situations beyond their control.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees! We know where the problems come from and you should trust our experience and expertise. Sometimes it more important to listen and fix problems instead of trying to cover your own "jobs".

"Great place to work. Really great time in this hidden gem."

Former Employee - Product Manager in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Newton, MA

Pros

A hidden gem. People don't really know what goes on at TripAdvisor, but they have a great thing going that was really special to be a part of. It's not as flashy or sexy as some other companies from the outside, but on the inside it was very fulfilling. Never once did I dread going to work, which was a first for me. In fact sometimes I liked it! Sometimes I think about asking to go back.

Cons

Only real negative I can think of is that they are like a machine so a little less prone to take risks with the product. But hey, they have a good thing going and it works.

Advice to Management

Try a few experiments with outside the box projects and see what happens. The talent is there to make it work in a big way.