TripAdvisor - Love Working At TripAdvisor! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TripAdvisor

"Love Working At TripAdvisor!"

Current Employee - CPM Advertising in Newton, MA
Current Employee - CPM Advertising in Newton, MA

Pros

Working at TA is great because of the flexibility they provide for a work/life balance, as well as all the perks. TA offers a great benefits package, including healthplan options, 401K, plenty of vacation time, free lunch, coffee and snacks, and awesome travel benefits. TA is a very social company too. We have company outings, Friday afternoon happy hours, a softball team, and other misc social events. I also enjoy working at TA because of the people I work with. My coworkers are smart, creative and excited to be there and that motivates me.

Cons

A personal downside for me is the size of the company. I enjoy working for smaller companies, and TA is quite large and keeps growing. But I guess that's a great problem to have!

Advice to Management

I would just tell Senior Management to make sure they are staying in touch with what is going on in their departments on a day to day level. The little things often get overlooked by senior management.

Other Employee Reviews for TripAdvisor

1. "A truly unique place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Pros

After working for, and starting, a number of companies, big and small, I can say without reservation that it is a privilege to work with people who have created an extraordinarily successful company that is always fast, fun, challenging, and is both personally and professionally rewarding.

Cons

Have to truly love working in the consumer web space.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"TripAdvisor - as much fun as it is work."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Newton, MA

Pros

TripAdvisor's first goal in hiring is to hire the person that fits best, so everyone you are working with is great at what they do, and everyone gets along. Catered lunches 3 times a week, a game room with foosball, xbox, rockband, and wii make for a fun environment. Drinks, snacks, and comfortable open collaboration areas make for a relaxing environment. Put that together with relaxed approach to schedules and you have a stress free work environment. TripAdvisor maintains its nimbleness regardless of how many employees so there is always something new. It is a job you will want to come back to everyday.

Cons

The motto is "speed wins", which means something new every week, even every day. While that makes the job interesting, it also makes it a little confusing and hard to keep the various projects you're working on straight. The company has been growing rapidly, despite waiting for the "perfect candidate" for each position and not rushing the hiring. As such, they suffer a bit from the unavoidable growing pains, as any company would. In some respects things still feel like a small company, but those clash with some of the unavoidable aspects of a large company. Everyone is devoted to easing this as much as possible, but it just takes time.

Advice to Management

With a rapidly growing company it is hard to keep everyone aware of changes and who's responsible for what, but it is crucial for things to run smoothly. As more people join the team it is easy to try and move faster, but until some positions are filled it is easy for people (especially management) to be overloaded. Everyone needs to remember to push back sometimes and slow things down when things start to move too fast.