Tripadvisor - Great employer | Glassdoor
  1. "Great employer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at Tripadvisor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Top tier salary Excellent benefits Great team dynamic; individuals matter Interesting work Constantly growing in Ottawa Free snacks and 3 lunches a week

Cons

Lunch offers limited. That's all I could think of.

Tripadvisor2019-05-13
  1. "Culture, Community, and Transparency"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

I have been working at Tripadvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love talking to people about my job. When people ask me, “do you like working there” I can’t help but smile. While it’s a job and it is work, it’s a privilege to work here and I get to realize that again and again each time I talk to someone about Trip. Even just explaining what he culture and benefits are like here people are always blown away. Sometimes it feels like an embarrassment of riches as I explain it to people, they get more and more shocked as I rattle off the perks. Whether it’s the free lunch or the feeling of community across teams and levels, I find myself being just as impressed by my words as those I am speaking to. If I had to pick, the biggest pros about working here are our philanthropic efforts and the normalcy of volunteering amongst the employees here and the transparency from management. Our global volunteer days we have each year during the summer highlight something that is present all year round at Tripadvisor: volunteering and giving back is not only encouraged here, it’s expected. I am humbled to be a part of a company who highly values giving back to the world that it aims to help us explore. The transparency is self-explanatory. We are seldom left in the dark and are quickly informed of any moving parts or changes in the company. It makes everyone feel important and essential to the team, an irreplaceable part of our culture.

Cons

Things move very quickly here and if that isn't your jive it can be a bit hard to keep up.

Tripadvisor2020-02-24

Tripadvisor Response

March 17, 2020Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your positive remarks. We’re constantly striving to maintain a transparent, collaborative environment, so we’re glad that you found that to be the case. We take pride in our employees, so hearing directly from employees about how their colleagues have supported and enriched their experience is always great news.

Continue reading
  2. "Trip Review"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Boston, MA

I worked at Tripadvisor for more than a year

Pros

In the Boston office, open floor plan, managers allow a lot of autonomy but are open to answering questions and walking through when you need help

Cons

a little convoluted in potential career advancement, tech bugs (computers, software licenses, booking for conference rooms)

Tripadvisor2020-03-23

Discover more reviews about Tripadvisor.