Tripadvisor - Phenomenal People, Company is Soul Searching for Now | Glassdoor

"Phenomenal People, Company is Soul Searching for Now"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Needham, MA

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people at TripAdvisor are easy going, friendly, caring, and extremely intelligent. They are perhaps some of the most competent people I have ever worked with. Add the great team to phenomenal perks like free lunch, dogs in the office, a fitness center with nice locker rooms, a pub and game room, and you've got a great great place to work.

Cons

The company is trying to figure out how to grow its revenue and what it wants to be a five years from now. The vision is a bit hazy so you might find yourself working on a big new initiative, only to find the company is changing directions to another big new initiative. It can be frustrating, but I am hopeful that they will find their way in the next couple of years.

Tripadvisor2020-02-12

Tripadvisor Response

February 14, 2020Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. The people at Tripadvisor are what makes it a great place to work, so hearing directly from employees about how their colleagues positively impact their experience working for us is always great news. We also appreciate that you’ve highlighted some of our office perks. As Tripadvisor continues to evolve, we’re excited to embrace the strategy we have in place.

Continue reading
  1. "Culture, Community, and Transparency"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

I have been working at Tripadvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love talking to people about my job. When people ask me, “do you like working there” I can’t help but smile. While it’s a job and it is work, it’s a privilege to work here and I get to realize that again and again each time I talk to someone about Trip. Even just explaining what he culture and benefits are like here people are always blown away. Sometimes it feels like an embarrassment of riches as I explain it to people, they get more and more shocked as I rattle off the perks. Whether it’s the free lunch or the feeling of community across teams and levels, I find myself being just as impressed by my words as those I am speaking to. If I had to pick, the biggest pros about working here are our philanthropic efforts and the normalcy of volunteering amongst the employees here and the transparency from management. Our global volunteer days we have each year during the summer highlight something that is present all year round at Tripadvisor: volunteering and giving back is not only encouraged here, it’s expected. I am humbled to be a part of a company who highly values giving back to the world that it aims to help us explore. The transparency is self-explanatory. We are seldom left in the dark and are quickly informed of any moving parts or changes in the company. It makes everyone feel important and essential to the team, an irreplaceable part of our culture.

Cons

Things move very quickly here and if that isn't your jive it can be a bit hard to keep up.

Tripadvisor2020-02-24

Tripadvisor Response

March 17, 2020Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your positive remarks. We’re constantly striving to maintain a transparent, collaborative environment, so we’re glad that you found that to be the case. We take pride in our employees, so hearing directly from employees about how their colleagues have supported and enriched their experience is always great news.

2. "Trip Review"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Boston, MA

I worked at Tripadvisor for more than a year

Pros

In the Boston office, open floor plan, managers allow a lot of autonomy but are open to answering questions and walking through when you need help

Cons

a little convoluted in potential career advancement, tech bugs (computers, software licenses, booking for conference rooms)

Tripadvisor2020-03-23

Discover more reviews about Tripadvisor.